Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Republican Convention Police

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone is attempting to get this detail. I was just informed that you need City Council or County Board to approve a joint powers agreement or something of that sort if you wish to work the convention. As a reminder I had heard you only have 7 days left to apply for joint powers, and it is my understanding that there are many different details you can work and they pay $28/hour for 4 days of work. They pay you for the full 4 days regarless if you only work 12 hour shifts or 14 hour shifts (I dont know what the shifts are) so its $28/hour x 24 hours in a day x 4 days = $2688 for 4 days of work.

Good money and they are short-handed, look into it if you are interested.

Won't be downtown, but will be working longer hours here. The Overtime Gods will be good to me!
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Is there a website or anything about his job? For more details I mean?
      RIP Sgt. Joe Bergeron, We will surely miss you.

- EOW 5/1/2010 -

Comment

Originally posted by yangsTa View Post
        I would be willing to bet in is an internal agency detail and not publicly advertised. I know that I will be very busy during this time (lots of OT here).
        "It's a long way from the Supreme Court to the streets." -F.Y.
        "Saw drunk, arrested same." -Buck

Comment

Originally posted by yangsTa View Post
          It's for police officers, through their department.
          The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Originally posted by BD0883 View Post
            I would be willing to bet in is an internal agency detail and not publicly advertised. I know that I will be very busy during this time (lots of OT here).
            If you're not already a licensed cop from an agency whose City Council/County Board has entered into a Joint Powers Agreement with St. Paul, you're out of luck.
            "All government agencies, whether they be police, fire, sanitation, parks, etc., operate on a budget. That budget provides funding for them to employ a specific number of people. The can't just add someone to their staff because he speaks three languages or has a neat haircut."

Comment

Originally posted by Wilkinotti View Post
              If you're not already a licensed cop from an agency whose City Council/County Board has entered into a Joint Powers Agreement with St. Paul, you're out of luck.
              Yep, that is true! Luckily I am!
              "It's a long way from the Supreme Court to the streets." -F.Y.
              "Saw drunk, arrested same." -Buck

Comment

I think it's true everyone in the surrounding area of Mpls and St. Paul are getting substantial amounts of OT during the convention. Even prior to the convention they're having us work 12 hr days without days off from Aug 29th until possibly the 6th. Should be getting about 76 hrs of OT during this thing.
                "Marge, you being a cop makes you the man! Which makes me the woman--and I have no interest in that, besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which as we discussed is strictly a comfort thing!"--Homer Simpson

Comment

There are guys from my department working 12 hrs days & will be working all 8 days during the RNC. This inclues a 4 hrs OT pay per day. Me, I just want to work my normal shift and go home to enjoy my short summer.

Comment

Originally posted by BADGE364 View Post
                    There are guys from my department working 12 hrs days & will be working all 8 days during the RNC. This inclues a 4 hrs OT pay per day. Me, I just want to work my normal shift and go home to enjoy my short summer.
                    As much as I'll enjoy the paycheck...I would be fine working the 4hrs OT everyday, but when we don't get our days off and have to work the 4 days I'm supposed to be off...that gets to be a bit much.
                    "Marge, you being a cop makes you the man! Which makes me the woman--and I have no interest in that, besides occasionally wearing the underwear, which as we discussed is strictly a comfort thing!"--Homer Simpson

Comment

My dept was going to send 3 guys until we got an email that said that the our city would have to pay us, pay for our rooms ect and then our city would have to submit a statement to ST paul for reimbursement. My chief then said we werent going because he didnt want the our town to be stuck with the bill. Then a few days ago they sent him another email asking how many people he could send if they needed. So I am not sure where we are at. I wanted to go but I guess Ill have to wait and see whats gonna happen
                      The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Anyone hear anything about hiring non LEO's for security? I got a phone call from St. Paul PD asking if I would be interested in working security for the GOP. No idea how they got my number or info or that I was even interested in law enforcement. So anyone else know anything about this? She said it would be 11.22 hrly with 17.48 OT and 12 hour shifts......????
                        Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

I received the same call today. He said they got the list from ATC and are calling people who just finished skills to see if they are interested in working a security detail.

Comment

I don't have a number, buy they said just go to the police station at 367 Grove st

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Eight
                              That money for convention security is awful. However, it might be fun to do it just for the experience of working such a huge event.

LOL um I don't think you have had a college job in awhile. That is pretty good money as far as what else is open to me at least. Nontheless I'm doing for, like you said, the experience. Also gives me a chance to get out of class for a few days!

A buddie of mine went down there today and he said he was the 3rd skills person to go down there. So maybe they are not getting as big of a turn out as they wanted......
                              Last edited by cjs-luke; 08-06-2008, 09:18 PM. Reason: cuz your mom told me to

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5545 users online. 307 members and 5238 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X