300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Retake Skills?

As I mentioned in another post, I am looking to finally try and get into LE. I did take and pass both skills (LETC/CCJLE) and POST back in 1994-1995. I know I can take the Reinstatement of License Eligibility Examination, however, do I have to or will a hiring department require me to retake skills?

Thanks again.

I would check with the POST BOARD
    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Thank you .. when I spoke to them he stated I just need to take Reinstatement of License Eligibility Examination. But, would a department accept my skills cert from 1994?

Thanks again.

Comment

If you have a POST board "Eligible to be Licensed" letter, then you're good to go. Departments don't "accept" your Skills as such; my speculation is that you might not be as attractive a candidate to a smaller agency without an intensive academy/FTO program like Minneapolis, St. Paul, MSP, etc., since the learning curve would probably be steeper.
        Short answer, if you pass the Reinstatement Exam, you should be good to good as far as being eligible for hire.
        "All government agencies, whether they be police, fire, sanitation, parks, etc., operate on a budget. That budget provides funding for them to employ a specific number of people. The can't just add someone to their staff because he speaks three languages or has a neat haircut."

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3963 users online. 191 members and 3772 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X