300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suburban p.d followup question

Thanks for the great info from my previous post.

I read that Minneapolis, St. Paul and the State Patrol all have their own academies.

For the suburban departments, how do they gauge fitness qualifications for job applicants/recruits? Do they take everyone over to the high school football field and make them run 1.5 miles and time them? Tell all the job applicants to drop and give them 50? Or do they just trust that graduating from Skills and taking the Post licensing exam to be a good indication of being physically fit?

I appreciate everyone's assistance!

It depends on the agency. There will be some that do nothing in that area and others that will run you through their own course. Some have some supposedly job related tests like a dummy drag, a wall climb, standing broad jump, fire a handgun some many times with both strong and weak hand, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by hrtbreaker View Post
      Or do they just trust that graduating from Skills and taking the Post licensing exam to be a good indication of being physically fit?
      Sorry, but I had to laugh at that question

Graduating from Skills IN NO WAY indicates being physically fit
      The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Heck - passing the POST test doesn't even mean that some people have basic common sense!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4954 users online. 290 members and 4664 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X