300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leap Exam

Just curious if anyone has taken it and what they thought.

Myself along with two other Hennepin County deputies took that exam at Golden Valley about 4 years ago. We all scored the exact same 70. It depends on what agency you are applying for. If it is Golden Valley my suggestion is to take the exam with the thought that you can be all things to all people. Don't be overly opinionated in your answers. Try and stay away from extreme answers. Also-you like classical music and read 10 books a month and all that nonsense. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Yeah...thats exactly why I failed every one I've taken. I took 5 of them, all different departments and bombed each one (50's-60's). I don't like classical music, I don't like reading or arts and painting. I like hardware stores etc. and making things by hand. I think the test is worthless...
      It's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six...

Comment

Ten10 - heh, that is exactly what I hear from officers. I don't understand the use of them. There are a few departments that have dropped them in recent years.

Oh well. I take it different every time, mix around my answers just to see what happens, scores always stay about the same!

Comment

I agree that this is a pretty worthless test. I do not know what departments gain with the results. I was told this is a test in which they give professional, successful long term police officers the same test. Then they judge the new recruits answers to those who have been around for a long time. I see it as a different animal, more and more new recruits are coming from more diverse backgrounds and have more education (college) than those of officers twenty years ago.

Oh well, I am taking the LEAP test again in a few days.

Comment

I took that test with the Blaine PD. I thought it was more like those test you take in high school about what kind of career suits you best.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlee84 View Post
              I took that test with the Blaine PD. I thought it was more like those test you take in high school about what kind of career suits you best.
              Yup, but if you took skills here in MN (CCJLE via Metro) you will find it is the same exact test. wtf!? oh well.

I was told this is a test in which they give professional, successful long term police officers the same test. Then they judge the new recruits answers to those who have been around for a long time.
              That is exactly what they do - which you are correct - doesn't make sense. It is a different world and departments handle things differently than they did even 10 years ago, let alone 20 years ago.

It is like when a department says they are "Community Policing Oriented" - it is really hard to hold back laughter - as it is a facade to get federal funding.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5934 users online. 355 members and 5579 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X