300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self defense tools

Are expandable batons (ie. Asp) legal for citizens to carrry in Mn?
    Legal to have in a car?

Thanks

yup they are...but if you use it and you had a clear line of retreat you are going to jail.
    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

freeze +p is very effective. it sucks getting sprayed with it. in skills class we couldn't flush out our eyes until we could open up our eyes. plus most of the guys had burns on there faces for a couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by brianlee84 View Post
        freeze +p is very effective. it sucks getting sprayed with it. in skills class we couldn't flush out our eyes until we could open up our eyes. plus most of the guys had burns on there faces for a couple weeks.
        boo-hoo...try being in a fight with someone when your partner tries to spray the "suspect" and ends up spraying you and you still have to fight through it and controll and cuff the "suspect". (by the way, I hate OC...I get a BAD reaction to it and never use it cuz I usually end up feeling more pain then the person I'm trying to spray.)
        "I didn't hit her so you can't take me to jail!"

"Be nice and loosen these cuffs up....come'on I was nice and tried not to bleed on the hood of your car."

Comment

"""freeze +p is very effective. it sucks getting sprayed with it. in skills class we couldn't flush out our eyes until we could open up our eyes. plus most of the guys had burns on there faces for a couple weeks."""

No kidding, we had to go through that for Use of Force 2 and I tell you what, before that we got tazed. I woudl rather get tazed over and over and over again than have that sprayed in my face. I have never been so miserable in my life.

Now for my question:
          Can civilians carry tasers?
          DNRMN

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Eight
            (b) A person may possess and use an electronic incapacitation device in the exercise
            of reasonable force in defense of the person or the person's property only if the electronic
            incapacitation device is labeled with or accompanied by clearly written instructions as to its use
            and the dangers involved in its use.

Comment

I don't carry spray on my belt, I keep it in my duty bag just in case I can grab it on the way to a call. I hate spray, it affects me like right now. I think some people tend to rely on the tools on their belt too much, just remember they are just tools and not always effective on everyone. Sometimes you just have to go hands on...
              It's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six...

Comment

Originally posted by AmnSJL View Post
                boo-hoo...try being in a fight with someone when your partner tries to spray the "suspect" and ends up spraying you and you still have to fight through it and controll and cuff the "suspect". (by the way, I hate OC...I get a BAD reaction to it and never use it cuz I usually end up feeling more pain then the person I'm trying to spray.)

i wish our skills teachers would of done the fighting and handcuffing part of it. but i can't control that.

but it was a fun couple of weeks pulling dead skin off my face and off my eye lids.

Comment

heheheh spray day....sucked.

We were sprayed and then had to run down a "suspect", handcuff them, and then remove the cuffs before we could "flush" our face.

Sucked.

Taze me anyday.

Comment

I got Freeze + P as well in Skills. I was a hurting unit for days.

Comment

Streichers sells this stuff called "Cool It" that helps a little bit. If you try it make sure you only dab NOT wipe!!! It's fairly inexpensive and comes in wipes and a spray, I used them once and have been meaning to order some wipes to keep in my bag.
                      "I didn't hit her so you can't take me to jail!"

"Be nice and loosen these cuffs up....come'on I was nice and tried not to bleed on the hood of your car."

Comment

Freeze +P

Be careful with the use of some of these sprays as some of them are flameable although some claim that they are not. In other words a tazer can ignite some of them. I want to say that Freeze was one of them that ignited but I am not sure so don't quote me. Its worth looking into is all that I am saying.

Comment

Originally posted by phishinmn View Post
                          Now for my question:
                          Can civilians carry tasers?
                          I know this is a Minnesota thread and so I can't answer accurately for your state. In Ohio the answer is yes. So I would imagine there is likely a provision similar for Minnesota.
                          Last edited by Jethro1984; 04-29-2008, 11:05 AM.
                          Jeff

:< Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience >:

Comment

Originally posted by premium View Post
                            Be careful with the use of some of these sprays as some of them are flameable although some claim that they are not. In other words a tazer can ignite some of them. I want to say that Freeze was one of them that ignited but I am not sure so don't quote me. Its worth looking into is all that I am saying.
                            yeah i think you are right. because the day we got sprayed, the instructors would let any of the smokers smoke, and they had to keep their lighters/matches in the cars or classroom.

Comment

I have heard officers say their individual departments have policies prohibiting spraying then tazing.

Although they claim it is not flammable, and I have been involved in testing the theory (we couldn't get it to flare) there have been rare cases where for some ungodly reason, the stuff flames up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4271 users online. 257 members and 4014 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X