Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So much for Minneapolis Cadet 08

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • So much for Minneapolis Cadet 08

    I got an email saying there is no Cadet program this coming year. Thats awesome....not

  • #2
    Originally posted by UMDBulldog View Post
    I got an email saying there is no Cadet program this coming year. Thats awesome....not
    Who did you get that email from? Last I heard there was going to be another Cadet program, but I have had my doubts lately cuz there has not been a job posting for it yet.
    "I didn't hit her so you can't take me to jail!"

    "Be nice and loosen these cuffs up....come'on I was nice and tried not to bleed on the hood of your car."

    Comment


    • #3
      I got an email from the Minneapolis web site. It is cancelled "indefinetly". Thats such a drag. I was looking forward to applying. Where do ya go from here? I have a 4 year degree in Criminal Justice, and wanted to get my law enforcement classes/skills....UGGGG!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by UMDBulldog View Post
        I got an email from the Minneapolis web site. It is cancelled "indefinetly". Thats such a drag. I was looking forward to applying. Where do ya go from here? I have a 4 year degree in Criminal Justice, and wanted to get my law enforcement classes/skills....UGGGG!
        I post several months ago that the cadet program was going to go away...for several reason, MCTC charged the city twice the cost per cadet to go through skills, and 1/3 of the class has now dropped out. Whats the point????? We need cops now and its faster and more cost effective to get them from CSOs and standard recruiting.
        Happy to be here proud to serve

        "Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

        Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

        Comment


        • #5
          UMD are you in Duluth or Minneapolis?
          ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

          Comment


          • #6
            I just graduated from UMD, so Yea... Now I am in Minneapolis. ANy advice? The last thing I wanted to do was go sit through more schooling on my dollar(after finishing my 4yr), but I guess I might have to. I am applying with Madison PD as well.

            Comment


            • #7
              I was at a meeting last night with a LT from 4th and 2nd, also the Chief of UofM and the 3rd Ward City Council member.
              They don't plan on having it anymore (as stated by Squad) and they are looking at other programs.

              In other news....I am sure Squad can elaborate - there are a couple classes going on right now for people that have been in the process, and they are sitting on 43 people that are currently in "limbo" (this is of the "50" they wanted to hire this year).

              And there are a number of people currently in the process of finishing FTO.

              Good luck to everyone - there are a lot of jobs out there, lots of opportunities.

              My heart is for MPLS, but I may end up elsewhere....

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by UMDBulldog View Post
                I got an email from the Minneapolis web site. It is cancelled "indefinetly". Thats such a drag. I was looking forward to applying. Where do ya go from here? I have a 4 year degree in Criminal Justice, and wanted to get my law enforcement classes/skills....UGGGG!
                I was kind of in the same boat as you. I was an intern last summer with MPD and was a big fan of the department. I also wanted to work there, but things changed. I was in big with school loans from graduating with a bachelors in criminal justice and didn't really have the money to pay for skills. I made a couple of trips to Phoenix and got hired by Phoenix PD. Phoenix is hiring like mad. I went down to Phoenix with 5 classmates and all of us got hired. There are many options out side of Minnesota that will pay for all of your training.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MNCopper View Post
                  I was at a meeting last night with a LT from 4th and 2nd, also the Chief of UofM and the 3rd Ward City Council member.
                  They don't plan on having it anymore (as stated by Squad) and they are looking at other programs.

                  In other news....I am sure Squad can elaborate - there are a couple classes going on right now for people that have been in the process, and they are sitting on 43 people that are currently in "limbo" (this is of the "50" they wanted to hire this year).

                  And there are a number of people currently in the process of finishing FTO.

                  Good luck to everyone - there are a lot of jobs out there, lots of opportunities.

                  My heart is for MPLS, but I may end up elsewhere....
                  Thats too bad that there won't be another cadet program, I went got on with Minneapolis thru the cadet program and I thought it was a good thing. Like Squad said about a third of the people have dropped out and I think that's a big factor in not having another class. The current cadets have a little more than a month left and there is a recruit class not far behind them. So that will put just over 40 more on the streets in FTO before the end of summer. For those of you looking for jobs, there is a ton of departments hiring! Those of you that need skills, I suggest just sucking it up and paying to get it done so you can start applying to places.
                  "I didn't hit her so you can't take me to jail!"

                  "Be nice and loosen these cuffs up....come'on I was nice and tried not to bleed on the hood of your car."

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by MNCopper View Post
                    I was at a meeting last night with a LT from 4th and 2nd, also the Chief of UofM and the 3rd Ward City Council member.
                    They don't plan on having it anymore (as stated by Squad) and they are looking at other programs.

                    In other news....I am sure Squad can elaborate - there are a couple classes going on right now for people that have been in the process, and they are sitting on 43 people that are currently in "limbo" (this is of the "50" they wanted to hire this year).

                    And there are a number of people currently in the process of finishing FTO.

                    Good luck to everyone - there are a lot of jobs out there, lots of opportunities.

                    My heart is for MPLS, but I may end up elsewhere....
                    go for the CSO program then......
                    Happy to be here proud to serve

                    "Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

                    Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Well come on - most of the people here are considered adults, suck it up and pay for it - it isn't THAT expensive. sheesh.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Well things maybe changing..cadet program maybe back in 08...just not the first half of 08.....I am a little shocked but eh...thats the city for you.
                        Happy to be here proud to serve

                        "Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

                        Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by squad51 View Post
                          Well things maybe changing..cadet program maybe back in 08...just not the first half of 08.....I am a little shocked but eh...thats the city for you.
                          Well, you can't blame them for the complete waste of money the individuals that dropped out of it made it to be.

                          Angers me to no end that people give up.....but then again, we wouldn't want them working with us now would we.

                          Comment

                          MR300x250 Tablet

                          Collapse

                          What's Going On

                          Collapse

                          There are currently 3290 users online. 209 members and 3081 guests.

                          Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

                          Welcome Ad

                          Collapse
                          Working...
                          X