300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone testing with Edina?

Just seeing if anyone is testing with Edina, and if you have any tips for the essay exam, and what happens after that if I pass.

By the way, what exactly is the essay exam? I've taken different written tests before, but I've never had to take an essay exam. Just curious.
    I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.

Yes, I am testing and do not know what to expect. I am also curious.

Comment

only one of two tests that I ever "failed" to move on where edinas written and INS test..and half way through the INS I just started to answer "C". I have no idea what Edina is looking for they ask you to relate personal experainces in your essay questions, "When have you done something and been official recognized for it?" I couldn't answer that question cause I don't seek recognition for what I do..I do my job. Anyhow...weird weird test. Physical agility test I thought was very well thought out and does represent what real cops have to do...scored a 100% on the physical..tanked the written.....
      Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Sounds like a written interview. Take your time and think out your answers before you start writing. Prepare like you would for an interview. Be able to answer any question you might be asked.

Comment

Tested.

Well I finished the test today at Edina and it was 4 questions for the essay.
          They were really easy questions about you personally and if I failed that I will be suprised because I am a pretty good word-smith.

On a side note, who thinks people should have dressed up for an essay exam like Edina adminstered today? As in dress-up, I mean dress pants and a dress shirt and dress shoes, skip the tie.

I was suprised, because in my testing room (I think there was either 2 or 3 rooms with 30 per room) there were only 3 of 30 that dressed up. All others were in jeans and a t-shirt, some had sunglasses on the head and some just wore an undershirt and jeans. I don't know, I guess in my eyes that is way under-dressed for any type of Police testing/interview.

Comment

What were the questions on the test?
            How long of answers did you give?

I think i would've dressed up. Dress for success, right?
            Don't blame me, I voted McCain
            ------------------------------------------
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uH0BEoA9hsE

------------------------------------------
            See if you can find the differences in these two pictures, I did.

http://members.home.nl/saen/Special/Zoeken.swf

Comment

I never dressed up for testing, it's just testing. They're not keeping tabs on who's wearing what. I'd say if you are wearing slacks and a nice shirt, that's fine...but if you show up either wearing a suit, or sweatpants and a stained wife beater...either way you look like a clown, and that will get you noticed. Jeans and t-shirt are fine for testing in my opinion, that's why 95% of people you see are dressed in casual clothing. Do whatever you want though...

Good luck to everyone!
              It's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six...

Comment

Originally posted by Ten10 View Post
                I never dressed up for testing, it's just testing. They're not keeping tabs on who's wearing what. I'd say if you are wearing slacks and a nice shirt, that's fine...but if you show up either wearing a suit, or sweatpants and a stained wife beater...either way you look like a clown, and that will get you noticed. Jeans and t-shirt are fine for testing in my opinion, that's why 95% of people you see are dressed in casual clothing. Do whatever you want though...

Good luck to everyone!
                I disagree with that completely...they do pay attention....I would never wear a tshirt to testing I went with at least a nice polo and a pair of slacks.

Comment

Originally posted by squad51 View Post
                  I disagree with that completely...they do pay attention....I would never wear a tshirt to testing I went with at least a nice polo and a pair of slacks.
                  I'm just speaking from places I've worked, every place is different. It's not going to hurt to dress up, however it's also not going to make a difference if you bomb the test.

Comment

I guess I'm one of the clowns. I dressed up for the test. At one of the other departments I worked for, we were being observed, without our knowledge, when we were picking up our uniforms. You should always represent yourself as if you are being tested, because you probably are. I think if you don't dress up you are showing a lack of respect for the department you want to work for. Every department is different and looking for their own qualities. But if in their eyes I look like a clown because I'm dressed up, trying to show respct to the people giving the test, than that is not the right department for me.
                    I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.

Comment

I'm not saying dressing up is bad, not at all...all I'm saying is that it doesn't matter if you look good if you don't pass the test, and the places I've worked and tested, you were placed according to your test score...not what you wore during the test.

Don't get me wrong, after the test...everything you wear BETTER be top notch. I dropped $500 on a suit that I only wore for two department's interviews. I could have just bought a cheap suit, but I went all out on everything.

Comment

I'm not saying dressing up is bad, not at all...all I'm saying is that it doesn't matter if you look good if you don't pass the test, and the places I've worked and tested, you were placed according to your test score...not what you wore during the test.

Don't get me wrong, after the test...everything you wear BETTER be top notch. I dropped $500 on a suit that I only wore for two department's interviews. I could have just bought a cheap suit, but I went all out on everything.
                        I think it depends on the dept you are testing for....in my opinion some depts evaulate you on everything.....its better to be on the safe side.

BTW cool avatar whos squad is that?

Comment

Originally posted by squad51 View Post
                          I think it depends on the dept you are testing for....in my opinion some depts evaulate you on everything.....its better to be on the safe side.

BTW cool avatar whos squad is that?

Yes...it is always better to be safe than sorry, I guess I have to put myself back in my shoes when I didn't have a job, you want that edge over everyone else.

I'm not sure who's squad it is actually, I got it from a different website a long time ago and found it again on my pc a few months back. I should take a clip of one of ours and make my own...

Comment

Always look your best. Period.

Comment

Yes...it is always better to be safe than sorry, I guess I have to put myself back in my shoes when I didn't have a job, you want that edge over everyone else.

I'm not sure who's squad it is actually, I got it from a different website a long time ago and found it again on my pc a few months back. I should take a clip of one of ours and make my own...
                              I would do a clip of MPDs squads cpet they are kinda boring........although some of our traffic squads are nice...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4718 users online. 274 members and 4444 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X