Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Grads...Where do you want to work?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Grads...Where do you want to work?

I am graduating in May from college and was wondering where other college grads are look at for employment?

I got hired by Phoenix PD and will start the academy in June.

Good luck to all.

i got alittle ways to go before i am done with school but when my times comes i will take a job anywhere i mn i can get one. other wise i was looking at CO AZ and NV congrats on Phoenix they look like a realy good PD

Comment

I will be looking for a part-time job when I am done with Alex, while hopefully working that I am going to get my bachelors degree down in Mankato. So if anyone hears of a pt job opening south of the metro please pm me lol. BTW congrats on the Phoenix!

Comment

Thanks guys. It is going to be interesting to feel the heat during the summer academy, but it should be fun.

Comment

After skills this summer at Alex I am going to shoot for St. Paul, thats my number one department I wan't to go to. I have heard excellent things about St. Paul PD. I have an application at Edina right now, I will take anything...

Good Luck in Phoenix PD.

Comment

graduate in may and skills this summer and hopefully get a job in rochester

Comment

Whoever will hire me! I hope Someday I will work for the Minnesota State Patrol.
              Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

Originally posted by VeniVidiVici
                After skills this summer at Alex I am going to shoot for St. Paul, thats my number one department I wan't to go to. I have heard excellent things about St. Paul PD. I have an application at Edina right now, I will take anything...

Good Luck in Phoenix PD.
                Make sure to do a lot of fishing in Alex. A bunch of good lakes in the area.

Comment

Congrats on the Phx Pd Job...

Couple words of advice:

Train now and train hard, expect to be running 2-4 miles the first week. That isn't that bad, now run 2-4 miles in 110+F outside...

Workout routinely until then, get into shape, it will pay off believe me.

Arizona academy's are VERY military run, if you were in the service you will have no problems, if you weren't, it will wake you up. Out of 40 recruits in the academy expect to graduate with ~20... They will drop like fly's the first couple weeks.

Good luck and remember to have fun..

Be sure to check out the "Salt River" when your out there this summer! You will be happy you did!
                  ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

Hutch, when did you go through the academy in Phoenix. The reason I ask is that I start the academy this May.

Thanks,

Also, what should a person expect on day one the the academy.

Comment

I when through it the same time..

You should be getting your instructions for the first day and what you shoudl expect. I didn't go through phoenix's so I don't know what there first day will be like. But, it is basically the scariest and funnest day you have for a while. You can congradulate yourself because you have just started the best job in the world.

The heat is turning on now out there. Granted it is not 110F out yet but it will be by the time your mid way through the academy. Just train now, run lots and workout you will be fine.

Look at it this way, you will graduate from the academy in the best shape you probly have been in years!
                      ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

Thanks, Hutch for the information.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2706 users online. 148 members and 2558 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X