300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public Intoxication Law?

I can't remember which news station I heard this on, but I could swear I heard them say MN is making a public intoxication law starting this month (04/2007). I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the books, or been able to contact the county attorney yet, but has anybody else heard about this? I know that in liberal MN alcoholism is not a crime, thus no public intoxication law has ever existed, but I swear I heard it on the news. Anybody have any info?

I have only heard of such public intoxication laws existing on the city level, more particularly to college towns!

Comment

Originally posted by RBF1414
      I can't remember which news station I heard this on, but I could swear I heard them say MN is making a public intoxication law starting this month (04/2007). I haven't been able to find it anywhere on the books, or been able to contact the county attorney yet, but has anybody else heard about this? I know that in liberal MN alcoholism is not a crime, thus no public intoxication law has ever existed, but I swear I heard it on the news. Anybody have any info?
      A local ordinance just went into effect in LaCrosse, WI. It got a lot of local media attention due to the drunk college students wandering into the river down there. It also generated some coverage of similair ordinances and proposals in other cities.

Comment

Originally posted by pigvomit
        Usually if im giving them a ride to detox or god help me (Special Care)
        You guys have problems with Special Care too? They get ****ed at us if we bring them there when 1800 and Mission Care are full.

I just tell them that the person cannot care for themself and needs medical attention.
        The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5878 users online. 328 members and 5550 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X