300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington County

Is there anyone who has been through the hiring process with Washington County? What kind of interview questions do they ask? What happens after the interview, (physical, psych, medical eval., firearms, background)? How many people are they hiring? Any other info that can't be obtained through internet and other publications? Thanks for the input.
    I knew I should have taken that left turn at Albuquerque.

Originally posted by WildFan
    Is there anyone who has been through the hiring process with Washington County? What kind of interview questions do they ask? What happens after the interview, (physical, psych, medical eval., firearms, background)? How many people are they hiring? Any other info that can't be obtained through internet and other publications? Thanks for the input.

they are still interviewing? I interviewed with them during that big snow storm earlier this month.

They give you a set of questions before you interview. I don't remember the questions being that hard.

Some of the questions were...Name a time when you settled an argument between coworkers.

What was something difficult you did through your job. If you could of handled it different would you?

I don't remember the rest of the questions off hand

Comment

The questions are standard law enforcement questions--"Tell us about a time when . . ." "What would you do in this situation." The most important thing at Washington County I have heard is to come across as a good guy (or girl)--They aren't looking for all the right answers so much as looking for someone that would be a solid deputy to work with, and whether you can grapple with the major issues. Good luck.

Comment

I think WCSO is one of the easier places to interview. They get right to the point. You will be meeting with like 5 or 6 commanders, so be prepare. I've interview with WC back in 2004, when Frank was sheriff. We both worked for SPPD so, we connected pretty well. But man, he kept on asking folllow up questions to my answers! They are looking for someone who is solid. One good thing is WC will move very fast on the process if they like you. I was offered a position with them within two weeks of my interview day, but took aonther offered (more $$$) else where.

WC do hired within a lot of times they will take their CO over an outsider person. Keep that in mind when you are interviewing.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6435 users online. 348 members and 6087 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X