300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charity Case

OKAY k9 you could have at least told me that I would have to completely outfit myself. OMG... How much did your's cost? And what type of service weapon do they issue? is it a glock?

TACTICAL HELMENT???? Geeze... Okay..

So I'm the charity case... Anyone have any black basket weave leather they don't need???? I'm currently calling in all favors...

I'm trusting in God on this one too guys. If you feel the urge.. let me know what you have.
    Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

You have to buy your own tactical helmet??

Comment

Oh come on, I couldn't let on a nice big surprise such as that!

Mine was close to $3,000. Although I did not have a single thing since I came from WI where they do not use basketweave. Lots of fun. Still can't believe I paid for everything out of pocket.

Glock 22 - .40 caliber. Have fun at Uniforms!

K9

Comment

Yes 40 cal... and my own everything... including my own vest. Praise God, I contacted one of my old PD's and they still have my vest and they said I could buy it from them. I'm guessing that will save me a couple hundred dollars, plus, it's all broken in and everything.

YOU SHOULD SEE THIS LIST! it's two pages long. I have two pairs of boots already, one pair has never been worn, so I'm hoping those will suffice. I'm sure they will. I was just talking to my sister, (she's a mail carrier) and she said she buys her uniforms at Uniforms unlimited too, and we were joking that we think they wear the same pants and could I borrow hers. hehehe

So, when I say I have to buy everything, I mean absolutly everything,.. Apparently the only thing they give you is your gun and badge. BUT I'm not complaining, I've been fortunate enough to have some REALLY GENEROUS FRIENDS.... Hint Hiint Hint...

I'm wondering if the winter jacket I have will be the right style, it has old Tribal patches on it, but I'm thinking I can just replace those instead of footing the bill for a new one. It's navy, so I'm praying on it.

Comment

sounds like when i was in the AF. we got issued very basic equipment, and very limited at that. We got a magazine holder, handcuff case with cuffs, and a cheap nylon holster with a suicide flap over it. needless to say i just went out and bought all my own gear. had to buy my own radio case, holster, baton, and case, flashlight and holder, and another set of cuffs. just that wsa spendy, i cant imagine how much all that sppd stuff is gonna cost. too bad all my old af stuff is nylon, or i would see what i could do for ya. good luck over there, i'm sure you will do fine.
          "No you got the wrong number, this is 91....2"

Comment

^^ all that and the actual uniform, three long sleeves, two short, uniform pants, plus the BDU's, winter jacket, garrison caps, rain coats, asp, breakaway asp holder. I need another cuff case, and an open top double mag holder... I can't find my Big maglight, but I have a small stream light, so that's nice.

Comment

WOOOOHOOOOO! Praise the Lord!! Tribal just called me and said I could buy my old vest for $225.00!!! WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

it's a level 3a!!!

Comment

so st. paul makes you buy all of your own equipment? Don't you even get a uniform allowance? Don't even the st. paul explorers get equipment provided to them?

Comment

When I was a reserve they provided uniforms, yes.

Annual uniform allowance is around $960 a year currently.

K9

Comment

So, in a year I'll get a little something back? That's cool.

Comment

Yes, it really depends though. They gave us a little bit extra for this year to help offset the costs that you end up purchasing up front. Each academy can be different, but they will tell you what they are planning to give you for the year. They split it in two for us, some money at the beginning and then some more money once you graduated the academy.

Off to work.

K9

Comment

PRAISE THE LORD... Got my holster from a friend.. its perfect. like my old one./. HEY .. are the glocks copmpensated? I shot the comps better.. I'm just curious

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5737 users online. 327 members and 5410 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X