300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tribal Police Dept.

I was wondering if anyone has worked for or worked with any of the tribal police depts. in MN. If so, was there anything different when you did work with/for them?

My main reason in asking is because there are a couple of Tribal Police Depts. hiring right now and I am wondering if it would be worth while to persue.

don't do it! Do NOT I REPEAT DO NOT..end of story
    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Bad experiance??? Care to elaborate?

Comment

I have never heard of anyone having a good experince working for those departments, especially if your white. On the other hand, if you need to get your license activated, it is a way to do it.

Just my 2 cents. Take it FWIW.

Comment

Originally posted by MsMilhouse
          I have never heard of anyone having a good experince working for those departments, especially if your white. On the other hand, if you need to get your license activated, it is a way to do it.

Just my 2 cents. Take it FWIW.
          that sums it up
          Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

That's what I was thinking as it was kind of a last chance to get the license activated - stay on for a while and then start applying elseware. Just a question, from those in the know - what dept. were they? PM me if you don't want to reveal them here.

Comment

My buddy worked for one in Fla and when he got hurt they screwed him over. Since it was on tribal land and they didn't have workman's comp he had no recourse. nuff said.
              "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

I know the Guys (and gals) From Mille Lacs Tribal. They are all pretty good to work with. They seemed to have the newest and coolest stuff. They were paid pretty well for the area as well.

Comment

I used to work for Mille Lacs Tribal PD. I think that is one tribal PD that had a lot of support from neighboring agencies. They have a mutal aid agreement with Pine County and Mille Lacs County. However Aitkin County didn't weant anything to do with the tribal PD. I'm not sure why. I worked in District one, The main rez. I was actually a SRO part time there for a while.

**** I thought I better delete a large part of that and put it in a Private message****

Praise God for my partners. I liked everyone I worked with. Mille Lacs has a lot of good officers. The two females that I know that work there can throw down like the big boys.

The good things about tribal was that they always had money and we would get the nicest stuff. I heard they are going to be getting computers soon. At Mille Lacs, you get a take home car.

** and the powwows were cool...
                  Last edited by InSane1; 10-01-2005, 12:50 PM.
                  Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Well one reason why I asked there is a couple of tribal listings on the POST board and I have some native blood in me (great great grandmother was native....if that means anything) and I have heard mixed tales. Some I have heard of don't even go there and others are "It's great." Since I was raised in a TC Subburb since I was a wee little lad, I haven't had much contact with the native peoples.

Comment

Tribal Departments always have Native preference...
                      Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Probably like everything else, it's what you take to it that counts. After I posted my original reply and read some of the others, I got to thinking about the guy who I knew that had worked for one (and had a negative experience) . He is a bit of a prat, so that was probably a lot of it.

Bcause of your history you might get a lot out of it. Might as well look into it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3253 users online. 164 members and 3089 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X