300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Psych test

Had the Psych test today. K9, you should have told me how intensive that was. They had two extra tests that I have never taken before. It was odd. But, praying on it.

I wish that we would have had more time to sit with the psychologist. It was only about a half an hour and it didn't seem like he got emough information, but then again... he's the professional and I'm not. It was difficult trying to explain that I resigned from FPD. But I'm guessing he had the right information, plus it must have been good information since I've gotten this far and actually hired by county since FPD. I'm trusting the Lord on this one.

My background investigator was totally psyching us out saying that a class that size, there should be at least two that dont pass. Sometimes more sometimes less. He said that we shouldn't take it personally if we don't pass the SPPD Psych because its different than a lot of other agencies. Geared more toward larger departments. The Psychologists came up from Chicago.... isn't that interesting???? It looks like there is going to be 14 in our class, given everyone passing the psych. Congrats to the last class that went through. I hear the completely graduate this week. Praise God!

Well, if anyone has an extra minute, pray for me a moment. Thanks all.
    Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

I have a buddy of mine who washed on the shrink exam for st paul. He related that the shrink stated something to the effect of, "You are aware St Paul is a major city, aren't you?". Well, since my buddy grew up in st paul, I'm guessing he was very aware that st paul is a major city (and a major pain in the *** to find addresses in)

I trust those head shrinkers about as far as I can throw a bus.

Comment

Ummmm.. HELLO????? did you say a prayer for me?

Comment

Hey now, I did warn you back in the day that the psych was a doozy. The most in-depth one that I have ever taken. Sounds like the same exact firm that did ours, came up from Chicago. I know that there were at least a couple of officers from other departments that didn't pass the psych. Not in terms that they were not competent to be Officers, but not what SPPD was looking for. They use it as a evaluation as much as a qualifier.

There is no other academy going on currently, as my class was the last one. We all graduated, which we also heard was not very common.

Good luck.

K9

Comment

I think he thought I was nuts because when he asked where I worked I told him I was working at a salon... and I had to explain that "in order to be here today" I had to resign from my position at county, because I couldn't get the day off. I mentioned that it wasn't a licensed position, and I figured that if I didn't do it, then I would have always wondered what if... So... either he could think that I'm foolish.. or he could think that I'm not willing to shrink from a difficult situation. MAN... I'm over analyzing myself now...

God in Heaven... You know my heart.

MORE PRAYERS GUYS..

Comment

New to this

I know that there are multiple threads on this but I didn

Comment

no poly in the state of MN
              Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Usually the process looks something like this:

Application
                Written Test
                Physical Agility
                Oral Board 1
                Oral Board 2
                Conditional Offer
                Background Investigation
                Pyschological Examination (MMPI)
                Medical Examination
                Chief Interview (Sometimes)
                Final Offer

K9

Comment

Thanks for the help guys. I dont like leaping blindly.

Comment

The more you know, the better you will be. Any questions, just ask. That is what this board is for, and it is an excellent research and networking tool. Good luck to you.

K9

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3796 users online. 209 members and 3587 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X