300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just applied to St. Paul for PEO

Hey everyone. It seems like a lot of people have been applying at St. Paul recently. Anyways, i just dropped of my application yesterday for parking enforcement officer. Wish me luck! Oh, and any advice for me now? Thanks!

-David

If hired, do NOT tag police cars.

Comment

That is GREAT advice!

K9

Comment

lol... yup ill remember that one.

Comment

IF Hired...

Don't tag a White Chevy 2500HD crew cab with Fireman Plates...

Thanks
          ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

Well, I just got good news today I passed the "examination" as they call it and now I'm on the eligibile to be hired list. Now I'm hoping I'll be called in for an interview at some point.
            I don't really know what my chances of getting an interview are. Anyone have any insight about this? Or any advice? I'm just glad I'm still in the game.

Comment

at the end of your interview... when they ask "is there anything you want to add or ask?" you DO NOT say "no". Based on your background.. tell them the reasons you are perfect for the job.. and actually say " I think I am an excellent candidate for this position because I ........(insert all your fine qualities here)"

I like to have a list.. I would likely end it with..."... I have good decision making skills and can multitask. I work well on my own as well as with a team." don't forget to tell them you are looking forward to hearing from them and shake all their hands. The best part is when you can remember at least one of their names. When you shake that persons hand, say their name and say nice to meet you. that will linger in the room after you've left. That gives the impression that you were a focused individual.

I could go on forever. I'm sure you'll be blessed with the right position. Let us know how it goes.
              Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Thanks, that sounds like excellent advice!

Comment

I just got my letter saying I passed as well. Good luck Greeny
                  "...and that was the second time I had crabs."
                  "Stinks like sex in here."

Comment

Thanks, and depite the fact that you're my competition...good luck to you too

Comment

LOL yeah i kind of thought about that too. But we both are going for the same thing and we both want the ultimate goal (to be police officer) so I look at it more as saying it to a possible future partner than an advisary. Besides, I believe in being a good sport no matter what I am doing. it doesn't do me any good to try and put a voodoo curse on you to lessen your chances. So everything being fair.... good luck. Besides, I guess they are going to hire 4-6. Or that is what I am being told by the Officers I know.
                      "...and that was the second time I had crabs."
                      "Stinks like sex in here."

Comment

lol, yeah i completely agree. Sounds like maybe we'll both have a shot at it. Although when I talked to an officer he said when he was hired as a PEO over 100 people were competing for 2 spots But that was a while ago.

Comment

Originally posted by greeny
                          lol, yeah i completely agree. Sounds like maybe we'll both have a shot at it. Although when I talked to an officer he said when he was hired as a PEO over 100 people were competing for 2 spots But that was a while ago.
                          I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case again. Harder than grabbing a CSO spot at other departments.

K9

Comment

Do you people need my lecture on positive thinking?
                            Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Hey Ndubbs have you heard anything yet?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4752 users online. 253 members and 4499 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X