300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MN DL's Restrictions - Corrective Lenses

I have a question regarding the corrective lenses restriction on the back of my DL. I currently have glasses, but I am considering to undergo laser eye surgery to correct my vision - provided that I am a canidate for such surgery.

If I undergo the procedure - will I have to go to the DMV and prove my vison prior to returning to driving?

Anyone pull someone over who had that on their DL and claim to have laser surgery? Just asking.

Originally posted by Maxx102
    I have a question regarding the corrective lenses restriction on the back of my DL. I currently have glasses, but I am considering to undergo laser eye surgery to correct my vision - provided that I am a canidate for such surgery.

If I undergo the procedure - will I have to go to the DMV and prove my vison prior to returning to driving?

Anyone pull someone over who had that on their DL and claim to have laser surgery? Just asking.
    I went to the dmv when I renewed my license, I took the vision test and told them that I had laser surgery. The knobs still put the corrective lenses restriction on my DL though, I had to go back and get it removed.

Comment

Originally posted by Maxx102

I thought about laser surgery. Then my cousin had the laser surgery and now he has "halos" when driving at night. It can mess up your night vision pretty bad. I think I will stick to contacts. My vision is perfect with them.

Life begins at 40...

Comment

Originally posted by 40cal
        I went to the dmv when I renewed my license, I took the vision test and told them that I had laser surgery. The knobs still put the corrective lenses restriction on my DL though, I had to go back and get it removed.
        Don't feel bad, you're not the only one. When my wife turned 21 and renewed her license, for some reason, they put Corrective Lenses on it, even though she has never had that before. She got the license in the mail, noticed it, went to the DMV, and got it replaced. Few weeks later, new license comes in the mail, and guess what...still says Corrective Lenses. Now, repeat one more time...few more weeks, and guess what...IT STILL SAYS CORRECTIVE LENSES! By now, we are both getting kinda ****ed at the state, so we go to the DMV again. This time the clerk writes on the application with big letters, and highlights in yellow "Remove Corrective Lenses restriction". Few weeks go by, and finally, it is correct. Now, the funny part is...now she will need glasses soon, as her vision is going bad...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6320 users online. 353 members and 5967 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X