300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another L.E.A.P. Test Question

I have a question. Some agencies are using the L.E.A.P. test and I have question about it.

There have been a couple of agencies that I have applied for that use L.E.A.P. test and one agency that I applied for I received a pretty good score. Now another agency that I am applying for says that if I have taken the test within the last 6 months, I don't have to take it again if I don't want to and I can have the results from the last agency L.E.A.P. test transfer over.

My question is this, does that score fluctuate from agency to agency or does it stay the same?

Example you test with agency "A" and you get 87% and you now apply for agency "B" and you have the option of trasfering it over - will it still be 87%?

Thank you.

I would imagine that is the case. If they adjusted your score, then the LEAP test would lose its "validation", not to say it is agood test, rather the test developer would most likely not back any results if the score or questions were adjusted.

Comment

Its funny you should ask that. I heard,... (and it doesnt mean it's true) That agencies pick the strong points of the type of officer they want and have the LEAP test evaluators score them based on that. So technically it would fluctuate from agency to agency. I still don't know if there is any truth to that rumor.

HOWEVER, I would say if you got an 80% or better, I would use that score until it was expired.

If you got an 87% I don't think there is anything to worry about.
      Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Insane - the rumor that you heard is one that I heard as well and that is why I asked.

Comment

I'm sorry but I have to ask this. what does LEAP stand for and why do only select agencies use it? If it is used to judge the character of a person this would be a lot like a dating service where you have to fill out those stupid surveys to find out who you are compatible with. If that is what it is all about, then that's weak. Just because the test says I would be a good fit for A and not B, doesn't mean I couldn't be a star for B. It doesn't make sense if that is what it is about.
          "...and that was the second time I had crabs."
          "Stinks like sex in here."

Comment

LEAP stands for Law Enforcement Applicant Profile (According to the letter from one of the P.D.'s that use it)

It's just one of the many tests out there. Another favorite is the Frontline series which is a video based test. With that one you see 4 different scenes for the same issue and you have to pick the correct one.

Then there is another one which has 4 sections.....can't remember the name of it, but you have X amount for section #1, X amount for section #2 and so on. The only thing I don't like about it is that for one of the sections I have to rush my answers and the other sections - I am sitting on my butt for an extra 10 minutes......I would rather have the test be "You have X amount to complete this test" and not time the individual sections.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3130 users online. 148 members and 2982 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X