Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this doesn't get you...

In death, a shrine of devotion

Two days after her police officer husband was killed, Jennifer Silvera finds his testament to their love.

BY JASON HOPPIN

Pioneer Press

One measure of her husband's love was hidden from her, locked away at the Lino Lakes Police Department until Jennifer Silvera saw where all those notes had gone.

When teary-eyed officers opened her husband's locker for her Thursday, Silvera saw scores of messages she had written over the years, assembled into a shrine of devotion that she had not witnessed
    Last edited by K9 Police; 09-10-2005, 12:35 PM.

Wow, what a great couple. I'm tearing up right now.
    "Respect for religion must be reestablished. Public debt should be reduced. The arrogance of public officials must be curtailed. Assistance to foreign lands must be stopped or we shall bankrupt ourselves. The people should be forced to work and not depend on government for subsistence." - Cicero, 60 B.C.

For California police academy notes go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CABasicPolice/

Comment

Wow.
      what an awesome piece. It made me shed a few tears.
      Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

It makes you think, wonder adn realize you just never ever know...
        Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

My heart is still breaking for the Department. One of my buddies was working the LLPD detail. He said "we are guarding his body until he is buried. We won't leave his side, He'll never be alone." I about cried right there. They have had 24 hour guards with him since it happened.
          Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

They read some of those notes yesterday at the funeral....

What a close relationship those two had... It is a bond that I belive we all strive for in our marriages!

Another note.... Jennifer was sooooooooo strong during her speach... The words she used and the way she expressed herself... It hit me straight in the heart...

Her and her kids will be in my prayers!
            ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3948 users online. 218 members and 3730 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X