300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lino Lakes Officer Down

Unbelievable, not another funeral.... I was watching the news at 6:00pm and at that time they were just saying that an officer was injured. Was not expecting this....

Lino Lakes cop killed in I-35W chase
    Jim Adams, Star Tribune
    September 7, 2005 CHASE0907

A Lino Lakes officer was killed Tuesday afternoon while trying to stop a man fleeing police on Interstate Hwy. 35W near County Rd. 23.

Police had chased the man from Wyoming in Chisago County when he reached an area in Lino Lakes where a woman officer had spread a spike strip to flatten his tires. The southbound suspect veered into the median, hit the officer standing near her car and then hit a northbound van, the State Patrol said.

The officer

RIP bro

I hope the asshats that did this rot for a long time

Comment

I heard about it at work tonight. It hit home. I know some of those officers well, as I used to work for Anoka County. I didn't know the officer that was killed. Information filtered in slowly. Praying for all those involved and everyone that is suffering in the aftermath.
      Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

I was working at the time and listening to it on the Statewide channel. I heard the officers pursuing the vehicle down 35 and it was going 110 mph. I heard that a Lino Lakes officer was going to put the stop sticks out.
        After the crash happened, the emotion in the voice of the other officers calling for help brought tears to my eyes. They were calling for AirCare, Allina, and everyone else. No help could get there fast enough. At one point, an officer got on and stated that they had an officer down, that he was ejected and they were looking for him in the woods. They could not find him at all. A helicopter came and was able to guide the ground people to where he was at.
        I knew it was for sure when the Lino Lakes Chief, Robert 01, came on air and stated that he was going to do the notification. You could hear the emotion and the feelngs in his voice.
        Now, I have not been a police officer for long, but this hurts. I cried all the way home.
        God bless his family and the Lino Lake Police Department.
        We intimidate those who intimidate others.

Comment

Originally posted by Medici
          After the crash happened, the emotion in the voice of the other officers calling for help brought tears to my eyes.

Now, I have not been a police officer for long, but this hurts. I cried all the way home. God bless his family and the Lino Lake Police Department.

Doesn't matter how long you've been on the job....it always hurts...if you ever get to the point where it doesn't....you need to reevaluate your situation.

Rest in peace brother, we will take the watch from here. May God grant peace to his familly...both blood and police.

http://www.odmp.org/officer.php?oid=17861

Comment

Anybody get word of when the Funeral is?
            ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

Originally posted by Hutch
              Anybody get word of when the Funeral is?

I haven't heard anything yet, usually if you keep an eye on Officer.com you can get a link to a local newspaper or TV station that will give you the info you are looking for, I have also just "Googled" the Officer's name and sometimes you get it that way.

Comment

The 11 a.m. news today mentioned the possibilty of Saturday.
                What can brown do for you?

Comment

I have been looking at the teletype but no word yet....
                  Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

A couple things I have learned from this horrible event:
                    1. I WILL NEVER be to afraid to call off a high-speed pursuit. When it comes to pursuits and me, I will probably call it off before it really happens. I am afraid of killing an innocent person or myself, as a result of me chasing a fleeing suspect. Does this make me less of a police officer by not pursuing the bad guy?

2. I WILL NEVER be to afraid of not putting out stop sticks in a high-speed pursuit. Sorry, but my life is to important. I would even be concerned sitting in a parked squad on the side of the road. Does this make me less of a police officer by not doing these things to end a pursuit?

Every pursuit is different and there are a ton of shoulda's, coulda's and woulda's. The suspect will eventually be caught. But at the end of the day, I want to go home to my wife and our unborn child. I also want every innocent person to go home to their loved ones.

If I do catch the suspect -- God help him.

Comment

Originally posted by Medici
                      A couple things I have learned from this horrible event:
                      1. I WILL NEVER be to afraid to call off a high-speed pursuit. When it comes to pursuits and me, I will probably call it off before it really happens. I am afraid of killing an innocent person or myself, as a result of me chasing a fleeing suspect. Does this make me less of a police officer by not pursuing the bad guy?

2. I WILL NEVER be to afraid of not putting out stop sticks in a high-speed pursuit. Sorry, but my life is to important. I would even be concerned sitting in a parked squad on the side of the road. Does this make me less of a police officer by not doing these things to end a pursuit?

Every pursuit is different and there are a ton of shoulda's, coulda's and woulda's. The suspect will eventually be caught. But at the end of the day, I want to go home to my wife and our unborn child. I also want every innocent person to go home to their loved ones.

If I do catch the suspect -- God help him.

Ummm I have no rpoblems with you saying that you will not chase..cept unless the guy just shot me..then I want you to chase the MFer.....but um if you are saying y ou are unwilling to deploy stop sticks or spikes.....your fellow officers may be counting on you to do that......thats a bold statement..IMHO
                      Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

I did not say that I would never do it. But I would not be afraid to not do it. Each pursuit varies and I would look at the options I have to end it.
                        If the suspect shot at you, or me then I would pursue. If I tried to make a traffic stop for speeding and the suspect takes off and it just happens to be 3:00pm and school is getting out -- then sorry, but I'm not going to pursue. Ill get the guy next time.
                        I'll look at the options I have for deploying the stop stick. If I have some sort of cover to use - traffic control barriers, bridge beam I can hide behind, the metal rails on the side of the road or anything I can use to protect myself while using the stop sticks then I would deploy them. However, if I am standing in the median either behind or in front of my parked squad car with no cover other than the squad car, and the suspect car is barreling down the road at 110mph and driving recklessly, then Nope, I'm not deploying the stop sticks. Essenitally, I don't want to have the driver say "screw it, there's the cop. I'm screwed anyway, so I may as well as take the cop out." Just like what happened to the Lino Lakes Officer.
                        This may be viewed as unpopular by other officers and I am fine with it. But, like I said before, I'm going home at night.

Comment

I still havn't heard anything about the funeral?

Anyone hear different?
                          ~Wise men stand behind me, Brave men stand beside me, only Fools stand against me!~

Comment

I heard Monday, but that was tenative

Comment

According to today's Star Tribune:

Visitation is Sunday 9/11/05 from 1500-1900 at Epiphany Catholic Church, 11001 Hanson Blvd in Coon Rapids.

The funeral will be Monday 9/12/05 at 1500 also at Epiphany.

Donations can be sent to the Shawn Silvera Memorial Fund, Lino Lakes State Bank 7449 Village Drive, Lino Lakes, MN 55014
                              What can brown do for you?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5073 users online. 289 members and 4784 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X