300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minneapolis Police Dept.

Hey guys I'm attending college in South Dakota and will be grad Dec. of this year (05) I've been applieng with Sioux Falls Pd and i am still in the running. I havent really applied any place else and am wondering if that was a mistake??? I really like the cities and would want to work for Minneapolis Police Dept., if i didnt get hired by SFPD. I'll have a BA in criminal justice, and some expeirence as a correctional officer, i was wondering if this would help me in the selection process. So if any of you could tell how offten, or when they ecept applications I'd appreicite it, also when the written test is or anything that would help me apply with this department.
    Thanks,
    John

Well supposedly Mpls are going to be hiring a bunch here late this year/early next year.

One thing is if you are coming from out of state - you have to be "elegiable to be hired" by the state. You cannot be hired by any agency unless you have taken one of the MN Post tests. Check out the Minnesota Dept. of Public Safety website and scroll down to the Minnesota Peace Officers Standards & Testing website.

That is one thing that Mpls will ask is if you have met the state's requirements and that you have your eligablity letter.

Comment

follow-up on req.

To add to what Maxxx said.

Requirements are listed here.
      http://www.dps.state.mn.us/newpost/posthome.asp

Comment

Just so everyone knows I stopped by the MPD Police academy and they stated they will be having a new recruit clas feb 06..
        Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Hey Squad - is that the for the lateral folks only?

Comment

didn't ask..they where ****ed when I told them I did not apply...but from what they where talking about it seemed like an open class.

Comment

Reason why I asked is because last night I checked MPD's website and they only had the lateral positions open.

Comment

yup but they are testing again on Oct 8 for laterals....I just applied..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5018 users online. 297 members and 4721 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X