300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minneapolis or St. Paul

I was just wondering about what you guys think of each department. Now we all know that St. Paul just hired and will be taking applications again in Sept/Oct sometime (that's what I have been told) and Minneapolis is going to be hiring again. I am very partial to St. Paul because I know a good portion of the department and I have made friendly with some of the "higher ups". I have a great letter of recommendation coming my way and a lot of the officers think I will have a great chance of getting hired in the next round. I am not thrilled about the Mpls administration but I would take the job if it was offered to me. i am just curious, if given an opportunity to work for either one, which one would you take and why?
    "...and that was the second time I had crabs."
    "Stinks like sex in here."

ahhh I wuold highly doubt you see St.Paul taking apps before spring time next year..they have enough canidates to fill the 75-100 they are going to hire off this list..

I too am not thriller about MPD chief...but if things to not work for me at SPPD then I will have an app in with MPD...
    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

I'm kind of partial to Saint Paul, but maybe I'm just a little biased!

K9

Comment

How about neither and go with the State Patrol?
        We intimidate those who intimidate others.

Comment

St. Paul is where its at

Comment

I'm partial to St. Paul myself... then again.. I was born and raised there.

AND SQ51.. HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO YELL AT YOU??? Just accept the fact that it's your job! SHEESH...

Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Kind of a late thread.

I would have to go with St. Paul. If you guys were given a job from MPD would you take it? I would just because of the different units that you could work for within a couple of years done in patrol.

Comment

Originally posted by Going_Loud
                I would just because of the different units that you could work for within a couple of years done in patrol.
                Couple of years? Do not go into a large department with that mentality. *Most* units that are attractive to officers (K9, Detective, SWAT, Gangs) are going to be given to veteran officers with many years of experience under their belt. They are also usually very competitive.

Some units say that you need only three years to apply. I guarantee you that if you made K9, SWAT, Sgt. after only three years you would be getting flack from other officers. It is expected that you do your time on the street before being able to work specialty units.

K9

Comment

I have had the opportunity to work closely with both Mpls and St. Paul. Both departments are very good and have a great deal to offer any officer. The people on each side of the river are as different as the cities are though. It all depends on what you are looking for within yourself for career goals. I know many people aren't happy with McManus as chief of Mpls., but he won't last forever and Mpls has many good street-level officers and sgts.

I guess it all depends on what you want to do. I think that St. Paul has a little bit more pride in thier heritage than Mpls does though. On the other hand, MTP will be hiring soon though (ain't that right Sqd 51?)
                  "In valor, there is hope" - Tacitus

He's westbound through the houses!!

Comment

Sign me up for either or transit!!!!!!!!! LOL
                    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3125 users online. 166 members and 2959 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X