300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting ready to test

I just received a letter from POST stating that I am eligible to take the reciprocity test. I'll be flying out in the next couple of weeks to get that completed. I have been reviewing the Code of Criminal Procedures, Traffic Code, etc. My question is-- is there any study guide that is available for purchase?
    In Texas there were several "cliff notes" type publications that detailed elements and punishments. Has anyone taken the reciprocity test and could give a couple of pointers?
    Anything would be appreciated,
    John

nope there is no study guide, from what I have heard there are several versions of that test one is traffic heavy one is juvenile heavy I took the standard POST in June from that I can tell you don't waste time memorizing code numbers just know the elements of the crimes, know when you can arrest on warrants, night capped, and hours and what not, KNOW 5th degree Domestic, victim rights all that stuff
    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

I took the reciprocity test and their really was no study guide except what is on the POST website. Study those statues inside and out. Spent days upon days in those code books. Studying sucked, the test was worse. Don't worry about actual fine amounts for certain felonies like I did. Overstudied that part of it.

K9

Comment

When I took the test (1998) it was the FBI part 1 crimes, murder, rape, robbery etc..., some DUI and other traffic stuff and juvenile stuff for the most part.

Comment

Get a hold of an elemnts book for sure. You can order one from online at the MN County attorney's Asso. Heres the LINK

Traffic code is good to know (pretty much universal). Actually the seat belt law is good to know. Some questions will be scenerio. How many tags can you write for a guy you pulled over for a headlight out, No proof of insurance, and a four year old child unrestrainind in the back seat, and an unrestrained 19 year old in the back seat? <<< stuff like that.

I'll send a prayer for you too.
          Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Thanks again everyone for the insight and links. I ordered the element book tonight. The statues are quite a bit different than Texas, but wrong is still wrong just different definitions. Also it was nice being able to throw 17 yr olds in big boy jail .

John

Comment

Originally posted by Put1
              Also it was nice being able to throw 17 yr olds in big boy jail .
              Tell me about it! One of the things I miss about Wisconsin too!

K9

Comment

Originally posted by InSane1
                How many tags can you write for a guy you pulled over for a headlight out, No proof of insurance, and a four year old child unrestrainind in the back seat, and an unrestrained 19 year old in the back seat?
                You give us the question and no answer!

K9

Comment

I think the answer is three..headlight out, no proof, and the four year old unrestrained...19 in the backseat is legal.

Heres one that is on the post test you pull a motorcycle over for speeding on the freeway after dark. There is a the driver and a rider on the vehicle. The rider only has a motorcycle permit, is 17 and neither is wearing a helmet. How many tags can you write?

Comment

I will give the answer later

Comment

Read this and now tell me what you think:

169.686 Seat belt use required; penalty.

b) A person who is 15 years of age or older and who
                      violates paragraph (a), clause (1) or (2), is subject to a fine
                      of $25. The driver of the passenger vehicle or commercial motor
                      vehicle in which the violation occurred is subject to a $25 fine
                      for a violation of paragraph (a), clause (2) or (3), by a child
                      of the driver under the age of 15 or any child under the age of
                      11. A peace officer may not issue a citation for a violation of
                      this section unless the officer lawfully stopped or detained the
                      driver of the motor vehicle for a moving violation other than a
                      violation involving motor vehicle equipment.
                      The Department of
                      Public Safety shall not record a violation of this subdivision
                      on a person's driving record.

K9

Comment

Originally posted by squad51
                        I think the answer is three..headlight out, no proof, and the four year old unrestrained...19 in the backseat is legal.

Heres one that is on the post test you pull a motorcycle over for speeding on the freeway after dark. There is a the driver and a rider on the vehicle. The rider only has a motorcycle permit, is 17 and neither is wearing a helmet. How many tags can you write?
                        5 - Speed, Night, Freeway, Passenger, Helmet

K9

Comment

Originally posted by K9 Police
                          5 - Speed, Night, Freeway, Passenger, Helmet

K9
                          yup you are the man....
                          although on the seatbelt question...you where right can't write them as your pc was the equipment violation however had you seen the 4 yr old thats good pc for a stop

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5514 users online. 330 members and 5184 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X