Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The state is hiring

http://www.dps.state.mn.us/patrol/

Already applied and I'm good to go. Any friendly advice?

Comment

As a background investigator I can say this with authority.

Buy your BI coffee, donuts, pizza is nice, compliment them on how well they dress, gourmet chinese food is a plus.....

The only words of wisdom I can think of are, do not lie or omit anything on your background.

Comment

Originally posted by 40cal
        Buy your BI coffee, donuts, pizza is nice, compliment them on how well they dress, gourmet chinese food is a plus.....
        For the Coffee - Caribou or Starbucks?

Donuts - Krispy Kremes?

pizza - What toppings and from what pizza place?

Comment

Ahhh....no soup for you, you forgot the gourmet chinese food!

Comment

The other day my fellow officers and I were at break when two Troopers pulled into the lot, backed up their squads and got out. They put on their hats and started walking into the dining establishment. The other patrons were watching them as they stood up straight, had the serious "tough guy" look, and didn't flinch at the buzzing bee. Some of the patrons were staring and most were laughing at them. I thought, as I can assume many others, "Rookies".
            I was sitting with three other city cops -- my city. I got up and started getting more chairs as I thought they would sit with us (no predijuce here as I always wanted to be a Trooper). The other more experiences officers stated that they would not sit with us as they are to good for us. I left the chairs there and when they entered they walked right by us and sat at another table. They did say "HI' but that was it.

Aren't we all on the same team?

Then I remembered -- I always wanted a Trooper license plate. Their cars were backed up and my partner could distract them while I...
            Last edited by Medici; 08-18-2005, 11:00 AM.
            We intimidate those who intimidate others.

Comment

Heh.... do I have stories for you about WI troopers from my LE days in WI.

K9

Comment

Originally posted by Medici
                The other day my fellow officers and I were at break when two Troopers pulled into the lot, backed up their squads and got out. They put on their hats and started walking into the dining establishment. The other patrons were watching them as they stood up straight, had the serious "tough guy" look, and didn't flinch at the buzzing bee. Some of the patrons were staring and most were laughing at them. I thought, as I can assume many others, "Rookies".
                I was sitting with three other city cops -- my city. I got up and started getting more chairs as I thought they would sit with us (no predijuce here as I always wanted to be a Trooper). The other more experiences officers stated that they would not sit with us as they are to good for us. I left the chairs there and when they entered they walked right by us and sat at another table. They did say "HI' but that was it.

Aren't we all on the same team?

Then I remembered -- I always wanted a Trooper license plate. Their cars were backed up and my partner could distract them while I...

Of course, it could be because they don't know you and don't want to impose upon your dinner.

Comment

You know, I'm guessing if you had a chance to get to know your area MSP, they are actually real nice.

When I worked in Mille Lacs, all the agencies had a good rapport with MSP. LOVED THOSE GUYS. When I worked in the metro, I met a couple, even backed them a few times on the highways... I know our agency really got a long well with them. I have to admit, they know a hell of a lot more than I do about traffic code.

There was always this one that would pop up at my traffic stops and He'd give me an unusual traffic code for some stupid violation. I wrote a couple interesting tickets. I'll never for get the one for improper backing out of a driveway.... but that lady totally deserved it. .. She was the first person to ever say "Could you make it snappy?"... I was like, "Yeah, sure."
                  Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5446 users online. 304 members and 5142 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X