300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota, where to stay?

My wife, 2 daughters and me are going to take a few days in Minnesota and do school shopping at the MOA. Where are some nice places to stay, and what else do you recommend besides the mall? Thanks.
    Extremism in the pursuit of liberty is no vice. Barry Goldwater

There are nice hotels everywhere in the metro, but if you want to be close to the MOA stay somewhere in Bloomington. I like the south metro area, and Bloomington has some nice hotels.

Could always go to the Minnesota Zoo. Head uptown in Minneapolis and walk the Lakes with the Mpls skyline in the background. Nightlife is all downtown Minneapolis, but probably not something for the whole family. Walk through the University campus and have a bite to eat. Maple Grove has some good shopping too. Go see a play/concert in Saint Paul or walk around Harriet Island.

There is so much to do here, its hard to think of everything.

K9

Comment

Yeah I would aviod DT MPLS if you have kids unless you are going to the dome for a game. then take then train from MOA directly there and back. I owuld agree with the MAple Grove and would add stillwater MN as a nice place to walk around. MOA is fine make sure you go during the week if possible that place is packed on weekends. ANd again right on k9 wiht the hotels in bloomington probably not going to find cheaper and safer and as close to the action as the places around 494.
      Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

The Renissance festival starts this weekend...

AND... I would recommend the Minneapolis INstitute of Arts... ITS AWESOME!... Valley fair for the kids if they like rides... and after 5 pm its half price. I think they are open late. Check on their website. ..I'm dial up.... so I'd look up the links... but I have a feeling you'd be able to drive there faster than I could find the websites.
        Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Originally posted by InSane1
          The Renissance festival starts this weekend...

AND... I would recommend the Minneapolis INstitute of Arts... ITS AWESOME!... Valley fair for the kids if they like rides... and after 5 pm its half price. I think they are open late. Check on their website. ..I'm dial up.... so I'd look up the links... but I have a feeling you'd be able to drive there faster than I could find the websites.
          There is also the science museum, and children's museum in St Paul.

So Insane, how long did it take you to post your over 2100 posts at dialup speed?

Comment

Originally posted by 40cal
            So Insane, how long did it take you to post your over 2100 posts at dialup speed?
            oh wow.......

that would suck

course I only have this many posts casue I work the desk at work alot
            Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

40Cal:

EVERYBODY'S A COMEDIAN. Smart ***!

at least a few years
              Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Dial-up sucks, but its cheap, just like a cop's salary.

K9

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5939 users online. 328 members and 5611 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X