300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does Minnesota work?

I am from Iowa and haven't had much luck here. I am thinking about checking about minnesota. How does all the entrence exams and tests and qualifications work up there? Here for every department you apply for you have to do the physical agility test, as well as a P.O.S.T. test and MMPI 2 exams. Is Minnesota different?

In MN you need to be "eligible to be licensed" is my understanding.

I came from another state and in order for me to be eligible to be licensed, I had to pass a reciprocity test with the POST board.

In order to take that test they worked on a point system. If memory serves me correctly one had to have 10 points to be eligible to take the POST reciprocity test.

The way the point system worked, was that if a person did not have a year of experience, they would not have enough points to be eligible to take the test.

Not all departments have physical agility tests. But I believe all departments must background and give shrink tests.

Comment

Originally posted by 40cal
      In MN you need to be "eligible to be licensed" is my understanding.

I came from another state and in order for me to be eligible to be licensed, I had to pass a reciprocity test with the POST board.

In order to take that test they worked on a point system. If memory serves me correctly one had to have 10 points to be eligible to take the POST reciprocity test.

The way the point system worked, was that if a person did not have a year of experience, they would not have enough points to be eligible to take the test.

Not all departments have physical agility tests. But I believe all departments must background and give shrink tests.
      Yup Ten points it is...although they have ajusted the point values as of late it seems..THAt POST board they just can't stop...
      Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

oh yeah in asnwer to the qUESTION how does MN work..not very well...LOL But still better then IOWA :P
        Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Does anyone have a link with this information and requirements?

Comment

Go to the Minnesota POST Board Website : www.post.state.mn.us. This if the OFFICIAL website for license peace officers in the great State of Minnesota...
            We intimidate those who intimidate others.

Comment

If you don't have any police experience, I don't believe you can take the reciprocity test. If that is the case, you need to go through skills and become POST eligible. MN is different in its way that it hires officers. I took off to Wisconsin as it was cheaper and easier to get hired. Then transferred back here which saved time and money.

FYI, MN is a very hard state to get hired on. Many many qualified applicants with not a ton of positions. However, down south they are hiring like mad (Las Vegas, Phoenx, Los Angeles, etc.)

K9

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6041 users online. 341 members and 5700 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X