300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little job info

I am currently applying for reciprocity through post. I have almost nine years of patrol and 7 years of SWAT experience in Texas. I followed that up with some time with the Dept of Homeland Security. I have been working on my degree (BS in C J) and will have that in 8 months ( its online so I can pick up and leave).

Any idea who is planning on hiring soon? I read the thread about Minneapolis and plan on applying with them when it gets posted. What about other metro area depts? Also are there any agencies that I should stay away from (morale concerns, pay, work schedules, etc)

Any opinions or info. would be appreciated.

Try the Minnesota POST board website (www.post.state.mn.us). They have a link to the POST board POOL line -- an employment listing of most of the hiring agencies.
    Also try the League of Minnesota Cities website. Click on the employment section and do the list all employment opportunities.
    Also try the Minneapolis Star Tribune website or the newpaper - check the Sunday employment ads under Government jobs.
    Minnesota is very, very tough to get a job. Good luck and let us know if you have more questions.
    We intimidate those who intimidate others.

Comment

Well lets see..............I would stay away from Northfield....St.paul just tested so they won't be testing for about 1-2 yrs....Minneapolis will be hiring 40....they said 60 but they didn't say that 20 of those where people they ALREADY hired.......and they are strongly looking for minorities.....State Patrol is not going to be hiring, Hennepin County and Ramsey county are going to be looking but you WILL be stuck in the jail for 7-9 and THEN you go to COURT security. Be carefull about Blaine..hatchet FTOs...Roseville ehhh I personally do not like their chief....Burnsville will be hiring but you have to have your 4 year already...thats about all I know.
      Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

I just want to mention what a fine upstanding agency the MN STATE PATROL is...

Comment

its just that they are not hiring.....
          oh yeah I would expect that other agencies will be hiring tons here in the next few months about Sept-Oct time frame but until then it is going to be pretty dry.....

Comment

Thanks

Thank you for your replies. I realized that it was going to be hard to find agencies with an open hiring policy. I worked around the Dallas/Ft.Worth area and most agencies were always hiring to try to keep up with growth.
            I know there are many states that are hiring around Minnesota, but after 11 years I just trying to get back home.
            Thanks again and if you get info on which agencies are going to be hiring, please let me know.

Comment

Funny, I heard the same thing about Blaine PD!

K9

Comment

I love my city job, but I would pay big bucks to be a Trooper!!

Comment

Originally posted by Medici
                  I love my city job, but I would pay big bucks to be a Trooper!!
                  I have to ask, why?

Comment

because you guys have cool hats......although you need to add blue to the FRONT of your light abrs now....

Comment

Not me. Only perk would be the take home squad for me, so that no other co-workers can screw up the equipment!

K9

Comment

The take home cars are real nice. We start our shifts from our driveway and end from our driveway. If it is out of gas, dirty, whatever, it's my own damn fault.

We can also to some extent start somewhere else. You want to go to Christmas dinner before work, usually not a problem (unless dinner is real far away), or start from a buddy's house, no problem their either.

Comment

40cal..why isn't the state patrol adding Blue to the front of their cars? Heck even MPD did and they are nortiously slow...

Comment

We only have a few squads with blue to the front right now. Glad that the state finally allowed blue to the front. It was nice having both in WI.

K9

Comment

I want to be a Trooper because:
                              I like writing traffic accidents
                              I like writing traffic citations
                              I like driving the highway
                              I like the hat
                              I like the "esprit de corps"
                              I like the take home squad
                              I like have the in-depth knowledge of traffic laws
                              I like the confidence they exhibit
                              I would like "you have no choice but to get into shape cause you have to run, run, run" in recruit school
                              But, I also like my municipal Police Officer position as well. I am just happy to be a police officer.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4984 users online. 320 members and 4664 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X