Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UMMMMm what in the hell is with your union accepting that deal!??!?! I Would fire the union president thats fer sure....I tried finding states pay scale but was unable to find it.

Speaking of insurance..How is St.pauls?
    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by squad51
      UMMMMm what in the hell is with your union accepting that deal!??!?! I Would fire the union president thats fer sure....I tried finding states pay scale but was unable to find it.

Speaking of insurance..How is St.pauls?
      We have non-binding arbitration.

When the state and the union could not come to an agreement, it went before an arbiter. Our wonderful (now ex-chief) went in to the arbitration and apparently stated something to the effect of, a raise to the troopers would be devastating to our agency.

Now keep in mind, other chiefs in our barganing unit told the aribter that their troops deserved a raise.

Long story short, the aribter gave us nothing because he figured the legislature, who votes on our contracts would not give us a raise.

Way to make the grunts feel wanted huh?

Comment

Single; cheaper than from where I came from. Family; more expensive.

Health Partners

Monthly Cost
        Single: $0-33.60 depending on which coverage
        Family: $212.92 - 382.23

K9

Comment

Originally posted by K9 Police
          Single; cheaper than from where I came from. Family; more expensive.

Health Partners

Monthly Cost
          Single: $0-33.60 depending on which coverage
          Family: $212.92 - 382.23

K9
          OH ouch......

Comment

Originally posted by 40cal
            We have non-binding arbitration.

When the state and the union could not come to an agreement, it went before an arbiter. Our wonderful (now ex-chief) went in to the arbitration and apparently stated something to the effect of, a raise to the troopers would be devastating to our agency.

Now keep in mind, other chiefs in our barganing unit told the aribter that their troops deserved a raise.

Long story short, the aribter gave us nothing because he figured the legislature, who votes on our contracts would not give us a raise.

Way to make the grunts feel wanted huh?
            Man oh man that sucks... I know the troops are hurting, but you do have those cool looking hats....

Comment

Man oh man that sucks... I know the troops are hurting, but you do have those cool looking hats....
              ...and the take homes! I vote that we all should get pay raises!

K9

Comment

take home cars are real nice...if it is out of gas, dirty or whatever it's my own damn fault.

We start and end our shifts from our driveway.

Cool looking hats?????

If I had to break down a percentage of the amount of time I wear my hat while at work, it has got to be about 5% or less. I won't wear it when I stop cars, the office is closed most of the time so I don't wear it when I go there, and I don't get to stop for coffee as much as I would like, which seems to be about the only time I wear the sucker. I do wear it if there are newsies around.

Comment

the hat thing is a joke from when I was an Air Force SP a couple of troops stopped by and said our berrets where "cooler" then their hats..so I always make comments on the hats....

A close friend of my mine from high school is a newsie camera guy and he always laughs as he walks up with his camera in St.paul or on the highway someone always walks up to him and whispers "ahh could ya give us a sec so we can put our hats on?" of course he always does but we where laughing at that one day.

Comment

...and the take homes! I vote that we all should get pay raises!

K9
                    yeah man I am a 2 year cop in the metro making less then 38,000 base...that sucks!

Comment

yeah man I am a 2 year cop in the metro making less then 38,000 base...that sucks!

38K????

Ouch

BOHICA

Comment

yeah august 25 I hit my two year mark here and I make 38,511 of course we get a 10% night differencial, and 25% on sundays...with ot last year I made 10 grand more then base..although I don't know if I will get that this year...

Comment

most likely MPD will binge hire...and then stop...why is MPD your First choice? Also I do not believe that Minneapolis officers can ever be "happy" but that is just me
                          I live in MPLS. I want to "protect and serve" my own community.

Life begins at 40...

Comment

Rumor around here is we are hiring up to 90 in the next five years. Don't quote me, but that is what I have been hearing is in the works. Although it is an election year, so....

K9
                            Then again SP is a fine city!!

Life begins at 40...

Comment

Don't get me wrong MPD has some absolute great coppers..but on the other hand they are having big time moral and leadership issues. If SPPD doesn't work out I may apply for MPD but only until Metro Transit hires..

Comment

I'm in the background process for a lateral entry position with MPD. Being that I also have a conditional offer for another agency, MPD has put my background on the back burner until I find out if I passed my psych.

I'm hoping that either way, with either department, I can enjoy what I got into the business for, and leave the b.s. for someone else to get worked up over. I don't know if that is possible, but I'm going to give it the old college try.
                                What can brown do for you?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4439 users online. 296 members and 4143 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X