300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minneapolis PD to hire 60 officers soon

I'm not sure if anyone has seen the front page of this mornings Star Tribune (07/15/05) but it says that Mayor R.T. Ryback will annouce today that Minneapolis PD will be hiring 60 new officers.

According to Star Tribune - 20 will be hired next month and the other 40 by next summer.

funny I was just car door to car door with a MPD cop..she said for the love of gawd don't come to this hell hole!
    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by squad51
      funny I was just car door to car door with a MPD cop..she said for the love of gawd don't come to this hell hole!
      She wouldn't be assigned to the North East area would she?

Comment

Nope........3s not 2s

Comment

It is to bad too. I like the city of Minneapolis and wouldn't mind working for that city if it wasn't for the administration and all the horror stories I hear. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy were I am at and would never leave to go over there. But since my college days, I had thoughts of going MPD, even worked with their Park Police Department as a Park Agent but that was as far as that went.

K9

Comment

Well, pretty much the only one area I would like to work in would be the 1st. I worked 4 years in the downtown area and it's the area I'm most familiar with. Not to mention I have a few people who I have been able to meet and get to know who work out of there.

Comment

ehhh working downtown is not all that it is cracked up to be..3 or 4s if I HAD too....although when transit puts on I am there..then I can work ST.Paul and Minneapolis...BEST OF BOTH WORLDS AND MORE MONEY!

Comment

I'm seriously considering applying for MPLS just to see how far I'd get in the process.
                Oh... Oh... I know you di-int!

Comment

Well since I haven't been picked up by an agency yet, I am going to apply and hopefully I will be able to make it....plus I think it would be neat to see the look on my former co-workers face when they call PD and I show up.....I think it would be like

Comment

I work part-time for the transit police and last I heard some more full time officers are in the works. The pay is good. On a weekend night I make like 30 bucks an hour + change. I believe that is the top patrol rate, but don't quote me on that.

But, you may get stuck at the MOA 8 hrs a day, or foot beat downtown st paul, or foot beat on Nic mall in mpls.

Oh, I forgot to mention, Transit will let you carry a 1911....what more do you want??????
                    Last edited by 40cal; 07-20-2005, 12:58 AM.

Comment

one of my partners just went over to transit and I WILL be applying there as soon as it opens!

Comment

BTW I was pretty adimate that I wasn't going to apply to MPD..however as my current dept continues to suck...maybe I will apply there...I don't know..

Comment

There are a lot of good coppers that work for MPD. They can make some good change working their part time stuff too.

Comment

Rumor I hear is that transit is done hiring part-timers. Anyone hear anything?

K9

Comment

I think we (the part-timers) are on our way out.

We bid for shifts every 4 weeks. They keep taking shifts away that we can bid for.

Also, they are more willing to pay a full time officer time and a half for details rather than pay a part-time cop straight time.

So if that stuff isn't writing on the wall, i don't know what is.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4844 users online. 243 members and 4601 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X