X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• InSane1
    replied
    NEW SCOOP:

I went in for my background packet today. Did you make it there today too Sq51? Anyways, there were five other people there with me.

ANYWAYS .... I had to call to take a language skills test for bi lingual positions. I had a conversation witht he human resources guy. He said there were a few positions held for bilingual officers. (I think four) He said that there were a total of 302 people that took the St. Paul test and that 200 passed. He said that women didn't do as well on the test. However, (and I need to boast a little or I wouldn't be human) he said , "You are part of the elite" OH COME ON... THAT WAS TOTALLY FUNNY!

He said that four were on the promotional list, but two are not post eligible yet, but likely will get positions. He said originally they were only hiring 10, but he received news recently that they were in fact hiring 25.

He said that 33 ranks (people) were being backgrounded. After a short conversation, I decided that I would not take the bilingual test because of my lack of fluency. He said that the next guy on the list will be happy, because now he will get a letter. Hey, As long as I can bless someone else as much as I have been blessed. So be it! He said my rank would not be effected by it.

ANYWAYS.... PRAISE GOD...

Leave a comment:

• squad51
    replied
    well I might have to change to monday...I have mandatory range day on thursday.

Leave a comment:

• InSane1
    replied
    That's Awesome! It's always nice to have a choice.

Leave a comment:

• squad51
    replied
    yupper...got that letter..I go in on thursday.... although I have been told I socred extremely high on another agencies test and have been told that I will be moving on in their process as well.

Leave a comment:

• Jellybean400
    replied
    Congrats, Insane!!!!!!! (((((hugs)))))

Leave a comment:

• InSane1
    replied
    Almost feel like an infomercial...

BUT WAIT.... THERES MORE:

Squad51, I'm guessing you received the same letter I did today. I lept and jumped for joy! (Screamed like a little school girl)

PHASE ONE BEGINS... Got the letter to schedule my preemployment background with SPPD!

SQ51 Dude.. We totally ROCK. Mine is scheduled for Monday.

...I Praise God with every ounce of my being!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Lawdog1228
    replied
    Congrats to you guys. St. Paul isn't my cup of tea, but to each their own. And in this state you have to take what ever chance you can get. That vets pref thing sure is nice isnt it squad :-) I love it! Two semesters left for me then hopefully I can start celebrating with you guys. I hope you guys get picked up soon. Best of luck and be safe.

Leave a comment:

• K9 Police
    replied
    Congrats both of you!

From what I know, they are looking to hire around 20 for a fall academy.

PEO's, park rangers, community liason officers get first pick (promotional rights) if they pass everything.

Its crazy out there, especially on the east side. Make sure you start preparing physically...

K9

Leave a comment:

• InSane1
    replied
    Originally posted by squad51
    Number 9..with vets pref..

PRAISE GOD! Hahahaha... just think.... Us in the same rookie class could be fun. I wonder how many they are really going to hire right off the bat.

Leave a comment:

• 40cal
    replied
    Congrats to both of you for doing so well on the tests!

Leave a comment:

• Medici
    replied
    Sorry, I am not into the religious thing...maybe once my child is born.

Leave a comment:

• InSane1
    replied
    Me? I do.. However,... it is a county job.. and I don't particularly plan on working in the jails the rest of my life. It's a conditional offer, with a tenative start date of Aug 8th, 2005. However... I'd have to be a retard to pass up St. Paul.

IM NO TARDO

The letter says that they have a seperate promotional list, and persons on the promotions list will be called before persons on the Original list.

I am looking forward to what comes next.

Did I say PRAISE GOD lately?

Leave a comment:

• Medici
    replied
    I thought you already had an offer with another agency?

Leave a comment:

• squad51
    replied
    Number 9..with vets pref..

Leave a comment:

• Titan67
    replied
    Congrats! 18 will come soon.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4196 users online. 244 members and 3952 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X