300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Software to shut down squad MDC at certain speed

Archangel II Software that shuts down squad computer at certain speed. Anybody have these installed in their squad computer?

http://www.srrsllc.biz/

Anyone who vies for that software is an idiot. Is there an override you can immediately activate in under 3 seconds? Can it be overridden by activating Code 3? Nope and Nope.

I once had to do an Officer Needs Help code run into a different county. I had Google Maps pulled up so that I knew where the hell it was at. When I've switched over to the neighboring frequency or gone to LTAC or PTAC, dispatch doesn't have air time to give me turn-by-turn directions. Shutting an MDT/MCT at a certain speed just sacrifices one form of officer safety for another.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
    -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by ontherock22 View Post
      Anybody have these installed in their squad computer?
      Only agencies with D-Bag administrators allow crap like this. This should be a matter of policy, not micro-management.

“Truth is not what you want it to be; it is what it is, and you must bend to its power or live a lie.”

Miyamoto Musashi

“Life Is Hard, But It's Harder When You're Stupid”

George V. Higgins (from The Friends of Eddie Coyle)

Comment

I know of a local agency that locks out the keyboard of their laptop when the car is in gear. No running plates for them.
        The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Originally posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
          I know of a local agency that locks out the keyboard of their laptop when the car is in gear. No running plates for them.
          Good lord, I'd be throwing it in neutral all the time haha.

Comment

Originally posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
            damn, that sounds difficult, even if you have a partner in there?

Comment

Originally posted by vivithemage View Post
              damn, that sounds difficult, even if you have a partner in there?
              The keyboard on mine cuts out at 15mph

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4690 users online. 280 members and 4410 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X