300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reciprocity to other states

Anyone have a running list and training requirements for transfer to other states?

Also curious how MN POST skills compares in hours to other states requirements?

Thanks!

Each state will have its guidelines posted. It would be a waste of time and effort to write up a list when it's so easy to find.
    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

Originally posted by DuNorth View Post
      Anyone have a running list and training requirements for transfer to other states?

Thanks!

For Wisconsin, go to:

https://wilenet.org

Clink on Training and Standards link. I can tell u from experience that WI's version of the POST test is 3 times harder than MN's test. I was fortunate to pass the reciprocity test on the first try but I was told it's not uncommon for people to fail it multiple times. If u don't pass it within the deadline, u have to go to the full academy - at least for those that have previous exp.
      The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "TrueBlueMN" on Officer.com.

Comment

Originally posted by DuNorth View Post

Thanks!
        The State of Washington requires laterals to go through a two week equivalency academy in order to get commissioned (licensed). Once you get hired by an agency, you have up to a year to go through the academy, or at least it was a year the last time I checked.

A lot of departments out here prefer laterals, quicker to hit the street. Entry level can take close to a year to go "solo".

Pay is higher, a lot of departments give education incentives ( get bonus pay for a college degree), more departments issue take home squads, and little to no snow in Western Washington.
        Last edited by AR-15; 12-13-2014, 10:46 PM.

Comment

You can challenge tcleose in Tx, but most departments worth working for still have an academy
          In Valor there is hope

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6109 users online. 339 members and 5770 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X