X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minneapolis Hiring update

This is directly from a dept wide email:
    Current Academy and Hiring Evolutions

-Currently we have a recruit class of 12 officers in the academy. They are due to graduate in February.

-Conditional job offers have been made to 25 CSOs that will start their academy January 5, 2015.

-We are in final stages of background for the next cadet class. We are planning on hiring 20-30 cadets that will start their academy on March 23. They will hit the street in October.

Planned Hiring Evolutions

-Recruits: Applications for our 2015 recruit class will open up next Monday, December 15th. We are planning for an August 2015 academy start. Recruits must be POST eligible by the close of applications on January 30, 2015.

-CSOs: We are scheduled to open up applications in May for our January 2016 CSO class.

-Cadets: We are scheduled to open up applications in August for the March 2016 cadet class. To be eligible as a cadet you must possess a 2 or 4 year college degree by the close of applications.

Please feel free to pass along this information to anyone you know is interested in becoming a CSO or MPD Police Officer or to anyone you think would make a good addition to MPD. Keep in mind the CSO and cadet dates are somewhat tentative at this point, but shouldn’t move around too much.

We will send out separate reminders emails when applications for each position are open.
    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Ouch, 25 CSOs starting. Went through backgrounds and sent in my medical history before getting the rejection letter.

Comment

Any word of another lateral academy anytime soon?
      The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "TrueBlueMN" on Officer.com.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlueMN View Post
        Any word of another lateral academy anytime soon?
        Not at this time..rumors but the email that I posted just pretty much squished those.

Comment

Finishing up on backgrounds for the cadet position.

Comment

Being a current Minneapolis Police Reserve I was really looking forward to having the opportunity to apply and be in the 2015 MPD recruit class. I won't be post eligible until April 2015 (Still in Skills). Should I still apply for the recruit class in your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by LAPeeDee View Post
              Being a current Minneapolis Police Reserve I was really looking forward to having the opportunity to apply and be in the 2015 MPD recruit class. I won't be post eligible until April 2015 (Still in Skills). Should I still apply for the recruit class in your opinion?
              Squad51's post said you must be eligible by 1-30-15. You won't be. Why you would apply for a job you don't meet the qualifications for for is beyond me. Knuckle down and concentrate on your studies and keeping your nose clean and apply when you meet the guidelines.

Comment

Thanks for the info, looking forward to the 2016 cadet class, hopefully I can get a bit further this time around.

Comment

Do you all think that MPLS will hire at the same rate they did at the end of 2014 and into 2015?

Specifically for the the next cadet number wise?

Comment

they want classes of 30....as to the question will that continue? Good question..indications are yes it will but if the economy slows down again things could change..if crime heats up suddenly things could change. So your guess is as good as mine.

Comment

Anyone hear anything about background investigations yet for the recruit positions?

Comment

Originally posted by Firebolt5 View Post
                        Anyone hear anything about background investigations yet for the recruit positions?
                        The investigators just got there assigned people to investigate...

Comment

Minneapolis PD will open up applications from December 28 and closes on January 22

Comment

Originally posted by squeakeer View Post
                            Minneapolis PD will open up applications from December 28 and closes on January 22
                            Yep

In Valor there is hope

Comment

SCSU74,

Do you currently work for them?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6774 users online. 367 members and 6407 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X