300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People Running Onto Football Field During An NFL Game

There was some discussion on another forum recently about people running onto a football game during an NFL game. So, I looked at the trespass statute here in Minnesota, but I am hard pressed to see what provision that would violate. For people here that work at the U of MN for the games, what instruction have you been given? I know in some places people have been body slammed, tased, etc. for running onto the field. I would be a little careful about how much force is used for something that seems pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.605

Disorderly conduct maybe?

Comment

I think it's trespassing because the back of the ticket I think says you can't enter the field of play without authorization and there are signs sometimes at stadiums that say that. When you buy the ticket you automatically agree to all the terms on the back. Just my .01

Comment

It's covered under the MPLS City Code.

385.210. - Conduct at entertainment events.

(a) Policy. It is the purpose of this section to describe certain conduct at entertainment events which is unbecoming a spectator or participant, disorderly and contrary to the public welfare.

(b)

Definition. "Entertainment event" means a theater performance, concert, athletic contest or other show to which the general public is admitted.

(c)

Admission. No person shall gain entrance to an entertainment event for which a charge is made without having paid such charge or without the permission of the owner or operator of the event or his or her authorized representative, nor shall any person assist another to gain or attempt to gain such entrance. This section shall not apply to law enforcement personnel entering the premises in the performance of their duties.

(d)

Restricted areas. No person shall, without the permission of the owner or operator of the event or his or her authorized representative, enter or be found upon the stage, playing field or other area used or reserved for the performance of the event.

(e)

Other conduct. No person shall do any of the following which are declared to be disorderly conduct:

(1)

Engage in brawling or fighting.

(2)

Intentionally throw any object, thing or article onto a stage, playing field or area where an event is conducted.

(3)

Obstruct an aisle, block a properly marked exit, or take or obstruct the seat of another.

(4)

Fail or refuse to leave an entertainment event when directed to do so by the owner or operator of the event or an authorized representative. (Code 1960, As Amend., § 870.190; 87-Or-138, § 1, 7-24-87)

Cross reference— Amusements, Ch. 267.
        sigpic

The art of war is simple enough. Find out where your enemy is. Get at him as soon as you can. Strike him as hard as you can, and keep moving on.-Ulysses S. Grant

Comment

People Running Onto Football Field During An NFL Game

A city ordinance makes much more sense. Thank you!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4199 users online. 230 members and 3969 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X