300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Job Opening - Entry level - Get experience

For those interested and looking to get on with a proactive busy department and don't mind coming across the border into South Dakota, here is a good opportunity.

The Sisseton Police Department has an opening for a full-time patrol officer. The city is located just across the border into South Dakota approximately 3.5 hours from the Twin Cities.

The city is very diverse as it is located on an open Native American Reservation. The department is very busy for it's population and is a great place to come and get some experience.

Although not required in South Dakota, the Chief would prefer individuals with at least a two year degree.

Just thought I would pass this on to those they may be interested in getting on board quickly.

$15.10 for those non-certified in SD
    $16.10 for those certified in SD
    *no state tax in SD

If you are MN Post Eligible you qualify to take the SD Reciprocity Test within 1 year of hire instead of the 13 week academy.

Complete an application at:

www.sissetonpd.com

Any questions pm me!

Thanks Ladies and Gentleman
    Last edited by bam468; 07-26-2014, 07:42 AM.

$15 bucks an hour? Jesus...

Comment

Cobra7,

Thanks for your contribution. From your post, it is clear you feel that with your experience, training, and expertise you are worth more than the starting wage of the position. This is directed towards individuals who are not just looking at the numbers, but understand the whole picture, i.e the importance of sworn experience and their willingness to make sacrifices for a few years to better themselves. Once upon a time, these individuals existed and although a rare breed, I am confident they are out there.

Comment

Don't be scared (or too good) to leave MN for an opportunity. I went through skills in 2008 and I still have friends playing the MN applying game. I have been surprised at the amount of experience I have gained in a small(er) agency. You have opportunities such as training and assignments that you'd wait years in a MN agency to do.

Worst part is being away from home/family. But hey, that's the reality of most almost every soldier in our country. Do your time, get some experience and come home. And who knows, you might like it enough to stay for a career. We have MN people in my area who came to ND in the 80's oil boom to be LEOs and never left.
        Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

Bam thanks for the info in your PM. I will most likely be applying.

Comment

Applied. Will see how it goes! Does anyone else know if South Dakota/North Dakota has a site similar to our POST? Thanks in advance. PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by cjs-luke View Post
              Don't be scared (or too good) to leave MN for an opportunity. I went through skills in 2008 and I still have friends playing the MN applying game. I have been surprised at the amount of experience I have gained in a small(er) agency. You have opportunities such as training and assignments that you'd wait years in a MN agency to do.

Worst part is being away from home/family. But hey, that's the reality of most almost every soldier in our country. Do your time, get some experience and come home. And who knows, you might like it enough to stay for a career. We have MN people in my area who came to ND in the 80's oil boom to be LEOs and never left.
              Pretty much spot on. Cobra is also the same guy who said he can't bring himself to do it, in regards to applying with MSP. If you are only willing to apply to a handful of places in the metro, good luck. You will need it. There will be dozens upon dozens of people who apply that are more qualified than you. And unless you get lucky, you will be one of those guys applying for licensed jobs for the next 10 years until you either decide to move on or actually take the jump and apply somewhere smaller or out of state to get experience. Most people don't get their dream job right out of the gate. You have to make sacrifices and that might include moving away from mommy, daddy, and your friends for a few years. Nobody owes you anything. If you want to be a cop, deputy, trooper, etc. you'll do what you need to do to get your foot in the door. End of rant.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5004 users online. 294 members and 4710 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X