300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSP hiring 2015

48 troops for next year. Academy will start in January. Same timeline as last year for apps/interviews/etc.

How is MSP as a whole? Morale, equip., and such?

Comment

The road to becoming a Minnesota State Patrol trooper starts at www.mntrooper.com.

From June 30th to July 31st, the State Patrol is accepting applications to fill more than 40 trooper positions. Interested candidates need no prior law enforcement education or experience. Anyone with a two- or four-year degree may apply.

Comment

Looking for some insight regarding the LETO vs. Traditional application process. I see on the MSP website that I can only apply under one of the options, just want to apply to one that gives me best chance of being selected.

Comment

Originally posted by Avs Fan View Post
          Looking for some insight regarding the LETO vs. Traditional application process. I see on the MSP website that I can only apply under one of the options, just want to apply to one that gives me best chance of being selected.
          Do you have a two or four year degree and have not attended skills? Apply for Leto

If you have already taken skills apply traditional
          "We Train to Fight, We Fight to Win, We Win to Survive, We Survive to LIVE!"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

I have a 2 year degree, preparing to take the military reciprocity exam so I do not nor will I ever have skills. I can hold off taking exam and apply under LETO or go ahead and take exam and apply traditional (assuming I pass reciprocity exam no later than Jan '15 according to posting). Again just curious if one is better than other if given the choice like I have.

Comment

I just can't bring myself to do it.

Comment

Its not that one is better than the other....Like SCSU10 said....they're the same tracks it just that if you have a 2/4 yr degree in any discipline and no L.E. skills courses you need LETO. State picks up the tab for you to go thru skills course you'll need if you're chosen to continue through their process.

If you have a degree in CJ or L.E. and have completed the skills portion, you need only to apply Traditional. And it doesnt sound like you have this then the above would apply to you.

Either way you need to complete the skills portion of the course to be eligible to be a cop in MN to satisfy the MN POST requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by PeteMalloy12 View Post
                  Either way you need to complete the skills portion of the course to be eligible to be a cop in MN to satisfy the MN POST requirements.
                  Incorrect, if you pass the reciprocity examination (law enforcement from other state or federal or military LE) you do not have to complete SKILLS. It is essentially a waiver of our LE education and SKILLS as you have shown that your are proficient enough in MN law enforcement knowledge including what we would do in our police academy (SKILLS).
                  - Bluecrew
                  "The opinions and or comments expressed on this forum (officer.com) are solely those of the individual "Bluecrew" and do not express the opinions or ideas of any of the department(s) that employ said individual."

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecrew View Post
                    Incorrect, if you pass the reciprocity examination (law enforcement from other state or federal or military LE) you do not have to complete SKILLS. It is essentially a waiver of our LE education and SKILLS as you have shown that your are proficient enough in MN law enforcement knowledge including what we would do in our police academy (SKILLS).

I sit corrected...thank you. Its been awhile and I had forgotten that stipulation.

Comment

Does anyone know if your district preference actually matters?

Comment

If it didn't matter it wouldn't be asked. IF you were to get a offer it would depend on what stations are open and where you rank on the list.

Comment

Yeah you'll get the metro OR...you'll get the metro

Comment

Originally posted by atc556 View Post
                            Yeah you'll get the metro OR...you'll get the metro
                            Look at the last list of MSP graduates. Majority of them were stationed in out-state MN.
                            Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

Comment

Originally posted by cjs-luke View Post
                              Look at the last list of MSP graduates. Majority of them were stationed in out-state MN.
                              East metro only got one new trooper. I would think after this last class most of the out state spots would be filled and many of the new spots would be metro area.
                              "We Train to Fight, We Fight to Win, We Win to Survive, We Survive to LIVE!"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5241 users online. 316 members and 4925 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X