300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sherburne County LCO

Just wondering if anyone else applied for this? It's a licensed correctional officer position primarily focusing on transport and court security. According to the test proctor under 40 people applied, I like the odds but they are only establishing an eligibility list at this time.

Originally posted by Maverick90 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone else applied for this? It's a licensed correctional officer position primarily focusing on transport and court security. According to the test proctor under 40 people applied, I like the odds but they are only establishing an eligibility list at this time.
    I know someone who works there. He's been there for at least three years and just got to court security. He was in the jail prior to that...
    "We Train to Fight, We Fight to Win, We Win to Survive, We Survive to LIVE!"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

If they licensed me and placed me in the jail (where this position is assigned to) I would be more then happy. I even applied to the corrections officer (non-sworn) position to get my foot in the door.

Comment

Im very familiar with their process as I have experience there as a intern a few years ago, first off the LCO position is seniority based so you WILL be in the jail for a number of years before going to courts, they have this position because they have a contract with the US Marshals so when ever one of them goes to the hospital there has to be at least 2 licensed deputies with them, so there can be alot of overtime available for LCOs. Also they usually fill the LCOs position with COs who are POST eligible so your best bet is going to get a CO position then get on the eligibility list for LCO. I talked to HR and most the people who applied for LCO did not show up for the test I think around 20 max, there were only 2 of us in my test... also if your hope is to get on patrol I only know of a couple of their road deputies being hired from the jail, its the same process for everyone in those terms.

Comment

Pd170, thank you for the insight. I guess one can only hope that not many internal CO's applied and that some openings for LCOs occur in the near future. Were you the am or 1pm test today? Had 8 of us at the 1pm testing Friday.

Comment

No problem, and yes I was, only 2 of us were there, I think 5 were in the 3rd HR said, Im hoping there are more LCO spots too, hopefully some of their LCOs are leaving for other departments with the retirements opening things up.

Comment

Unrelated to the LCO position but I was scheduled to interview and pt for the CO position next week. Sounds like they are moving fast regarding that process as the posting hadn't even closed yet. Hopefully the same goes for the LCO process...

Comment

Just received the email regarding rank, looks like I'm sitting at 12/17 who took the test and passed. (LCO Position)
                Last edited by Maverick90; 05-13-2014, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Interview

Originally posted by Maverick90 View Post
                  Just received the email regarding rank, looks like I'm sitting at 12/17 who took the test and passed. (LCO Position)
                  I just got called about an interview. How many more are they looking to hire, does anyone know?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4130 users online. 259 members and 3871 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X