300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minneapolis Police Cadet

MPLS PD is coming to Iowa State Univ. to recruit for police cadet. How competitive is the process usually? PM if you want.

I got to the backgrounds portion for 3/3/14 cadet class, but was never chosen for the medical. I thought it was pretty competitive. What are you looking for exactly?

Comment

I'd really like to work in MPLS.

Comment

Originally posted by atsteele View Post
        I'd really like to work in MPLS.
        Here's my little brain dump from going through the cadet process for Minneapolis a few weeks ago.

The closest i've gotten into the cadet program was passed backgrounds ... to better help your question, what are your questions? If I recall, they had 30 spots, couple thousand showed up for fitness, 1xx or so for orals, and about 60 for backgrounds. Apparently they used a random pull on the list of those who passed backgrounds, even if you scored high on that, you would not necessarily get a call into medical/psych (This is what my mpls cop buddy told me who spoke to the people running that show). I forget what they call that sort of style picking though but I am sure someone else can chime in on it. He figured this because he wanted to know where I was ranked out of those who got passed backgrounds.

Competitive is what you make it, what makes this 'unique' imo is that you have to have a degree already, AND NO POST cert, which most people looking to become LEO already have I assume.

Form the rumors i've heard cadet will have another application process June 3rd or so.... which may be why they are recruiting so quickly after the last class.

Comment

Ya the academy is going to start in March 2015

Comment

Just applied to the CSO position.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3267 users online. 153 members and 3114 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X