Uniform Stores

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uniform Stores

What are your experiences with the various uniform stores in the metro area?

My employer has a contract with Uniforms Unlimited and they are.....less then spectacular. You would think that they would plan for a large number of orders on our account when we get our uniform allowance every July, but everything I order is back-ordered. My pants are "promised" by the end of January and my jacket could take until February....just in time for it to start warming up.

It seems like most of the time, unless you buy something off the shelf, it takes anywhere from 3-8 weeks to get anything at most of the stores. I have to buy some new uniform shirts soon, so we'll see how that goes.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Do you have to buy from them? Gt distributers down here is awesome, we can put any order in pretty much any day of the week and it will be at our academy for pick up the following wednesday. They do ship also, may be worth looking at if you know what you want. Www.gtdist.com
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
        Do you have to buy from them? Gt distributers down here is awesome, we can put any order in pretty much any day of the week and it will be at our academy for pick up the following wednesday. They do ship also, may be worth looking at if you know what you want. Www.gtdist.com
        I'm not technically required to buy from them, but our uniform allowance is not actually paid to us, but is credited to our account with UU. So if I went somewhere else, it would be on my own dime. I do buy footwear elsewhere, as they have a horrible selection of "approved" footwear on the online "store" with UU.

Comment

Uniform Stores

I have probably used all of them in the Twin Cities at some point over the years. I like going to Don Streicher Guns, since they now have more uniforms than ever. When you have a day off, and feel like driving down to the Metro area, it might be worthwhile to stop at the various stores to get an idea of what each one carries and what they are like. If you keep your eyes open, you can find some deals at online dealers from time to time. The extra hassle can be if it is a shirt or jacket that needs patches, though.

Comment

Oh ok. Ours is just on our paycheck twice a year
            In Valor there is hope

Comment

Uniforms Unavailable as the MPD guys used to say... Actually I've never had bad issues with either, our Dept prefers us to use them or Striechers. Externa vest carrier I ordered from Striecher's took about 2 months to get, and I never could find out if it was Elbeco's issue or Striecher's..every time I'd call and check the order I'd get a different answer... Same issue with some vehicle equipment I'd ordered, always had to call and ask about the order status, and it took months for an item that Setina had in-house and could drop ship in a week, they just made me go through a dealer (Striecher's).

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6761 users online. 276 members and 6485 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
              X