MPLS Traffic Control Agent

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MPLS Traffic Control Agent

Anyone know any infor about Mpls traffic control agents? I found some infor about them on the website but would appreciate it if someone can go more in dept. I guess the main questions I have about them is that, by becoming a traffic control agent, does that mean they'll have more opportunities by getting a job with the mpls park police and mpls police?..

Also, are traffic control agents consider police cadets for mpls police/park/transit officers?

Thanks in advance!

Minneapolis Traffic Control Agent

A friend of mine works there and has for a number of years now. As far as having more opportunities for Minneapolis Park Police and Minneapolis Police by being a Minneapolis Traffic Control Agent, I seem to recall him telling me that since they are city employees they may be given some points when applying ofr other city jobs. But then again that would be true of any Minneapolis employee applying for a Minneapolis city job. He has told me that it is a department that has been moved around over the years. For example, at one point in time they might be under the Police Department and then another point in time they are under some sort of License And Consumer Services.

My understanding is that they are not considered police cadets for Minneapolis Police/Park/Transit officers. I think they are completely separate. I don't know if this completely answers what you are looking for, but I think the bottom line is the Traffic Control Agent is a job in and of itself. If you are thinking it makes you a "shoe in" for a sworn job, I don't think that is the case. On the other hand, if a number of candidates were otherwise equally qualified and one was a Minneapolis Traffic Control Agent, I suspect that would be looked on very favorably by Minneapolis.

Comment

Thanks that's what I was assuming too.

Comment

Just an FYI, they currently are not a part of Minneapolis PD. They are under the department of regulatory services or something like that.

Comment

I could be wrong but switching from traffic control to MPD is not a common deal as far as I know...in fact I know of only one person who has done it...but I could be way off the mark.
          Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5091 users online. 234 members and 4857 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
          X