300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott County

Anyone know any details on Scott County?

Its west of Dakota County.

Comment

South of Carver County

Comment

What do you wanna know?
        The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Originally posted by CSO224 View Post
          What do you wanna know?

How many they hiring? Is this to work the road? Any internals in the mix?
          The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "TrueBlueMN" on Officer.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Norm82 View Post
            Anyone know any details on Scott County?
            Ancient CAD system...a little behind on the times. Nice people, pretty good agency.
            The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "scbr0512" on Officer.com.

Comment

Haha, I suppose I deserve that for asking such a vague question. I was basically wondering what TrueBlue said. How many they're looking to hire, what their process is like, do Dep's work the jail first or right to the road?

Comment

Scott County

The Scott County Sheriff''s Office has correctional deputies in the jail. Typically sworn deputy sheriffs do not work in the jail there.

Comment

Why not contact the agency direct and ask how many they are hiring? How they start people off, in the jail or on the road, that way you have a better understanding of the agency, and can show how much you know about them during your interview, if you get an interview....

just my 2 cents
                  sigpic
                  UNA STAMUS
                  Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God"
                  Μολὼν λαβÎ*

Comment

anybody hear back from scott county?

Comment

Originally posted by ontherock22 View Post
                      anybody hear back from scott county?

Yep, got the FU letter in the mail today. Don't get how somebody with a 4 yr degree and 15 yrs experience isn't qualified to receive even an initial interview. I've gotten more of these letters in the past year than I have ever gotten before. Experience doesn't seem to count as much as it used to.
                      The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "TrueBlueMN" on Officer.com.

Comment

I think this goes to show they already know who they want. I am moving on in the process, maybe? the sentance says, "certification is not a guarantee of an Interview" and it they are only considering 15. So that tells me they have certain things based on just the application. Strange how you can get to know a person just by an application in contrast to the extensive process St. Paul is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by ontherock22 View Post
                          Strange how you can get to know a person just by an application in contrast to the extensive process St. Paul is doing.
                          We probably received a few more applications than Scott County, that's why things take a little longer with us. I heard over 400 people interviewed with us for maybe 40 or so spots.

Comment

Originally posted by AR-15 View Post
                            We probably received a few more applications than Scott County, that's why things take a little longer with us. I heard over 400 people interviewed with us for maybe 40 or so spots.
                            You are right, St. Paul would have a lot more interest than Scott County and I am happy to be eligable for an interview it just seemed to me that narrowing the field to 15 based on an application alone is different. Of the process I have been through only a few seem to make sense that the City and Police are really looking for the best candidate instead of some seemingly random criteria. For the record I think St. Paul is one of the best I have been through.

Comment

Scott County's last hire was pretty much pre-picked when they started the process.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7555 users online. 415 members and 7140 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X