300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Paul Police

Chief was in our roll call yesterday. He said the City plans on posting for police officer positions early next year, could be as early as January, if anyone is interested. Keep your eyes and ears open.

Always welcome information to hear, I know a couple guys on our side that would like to make the jump over.

On a side note I know Minneapolis is planning the same thing posting in the spring with a Janurary 2013 class start.

Employment opportunties are starting to improve, good luck out there!

||||||||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||||||||
    ||||||||||||||||||||

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

[QUOTE=AR-15;2926856]Chief was in our roll call yesterday. He said the City plans on posting for police officer positions early next year, could be as early as January, if anyone is interested. Keep your eyes and ears open.[/QUOTE

Will it be a lateral academy or a combo of laterals and PEO's?
      The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "TrueBlueMN" on Officer.com.

Comment

Originally posted by AWJ View Post
        Always welcome information to hear, I know a couple guys on our side that would like to make the jump over.

On a side note I know Minneapolis is planning the same thing posting in the spring with a Janurary 2013 class start.

Employment opportunties are starting to improve, good luck out there!
        I had heard the same thing, unfortunately the training offices and background offices are still ghost towns to my knowledge so it may be awhile for Minneapolis, maybe I am just cynical!

I predict these hirings to be huge. Welcome applicant #64786378634896378

Comment

[QUOTE=TrueBlueMN;2927629]
          Originally posted by AR-15 View Post
          Chief was in our roll call yesterday. He said the City plans on posting for police officer positions early next year, could be as early as January, if anyone is interested. Keep your eyes and ears open.[/QUOTE

Will it be a lateral academy or a combo of laterals and PEO's?
          Chief said he likes a mix of laterals, PEOs, and green candidates.

Our current recruits are finishing up phase three of FTO. Next month they go to phase four. And go solo the first of the year.

Comment

Has SPPD changed much since Harrington has moved on?
            If one does not fail at times, one has not challenged himself- Ferdinand Porsche

Comment

Is there a number for recruiting or do they have an office? Was going to stop by while home for Xmas.
              In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                Is there a number for recruiting or do they have an office? Was going to stop by while home for Xmas.
                They're always taking lateral applications....below is a link to a flyer that is posted on the lateral job announcement on the city website. http://www.stpaul.gov/DocumentView.aspx?DID=14520 ETA: It looks like the only contact info on that is to HR, and not a recruiter. I'm sure AR-15 could direct you to someone within the department.

Comment

Originally posted by phillydog07 View Post
                  They're always taking lateral applications....below is a link to a flyer that is posted on the lateral job announcement on the city website. http://www.stpaul.gov/DocumentView.aspx?DID=14520 ETA: It looks like the only contact info on that is to HR, and not a recruiter. I'm sure AR-15 could direct you to someone within the department.
                  awesome, thanks!
                  In Valor there is hope

Comment

Originally posted by rudo0059 View Post
                    Has SPPD changed much since Harrington has moved on?
                    Yes, we have a new Chief and three new Assist. Chiefs.......

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU74 View Post
                      What phillydog said... But keep your eyes and ears open. I will try and keep people posted when I hear more.

Comment

Originally posted by AR-15 View Post
                        Yes, we have a new Chief and three new Assist. Chiefs.......
                        Well obviously.... lol

I meant more is morale better, worse, or about the same? Has the new admin been well received?
                        If one does not fail at times, one has not challenged himself- Ferdinand Porsche

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Eight
                          Not to speak for AR-15, but there probably isn't much upside in bashing the new admin on a public forum. I know who AR-15 is and you can better bet that the admin does as well.

I am guessing he didn't fiil out his bid card to say "High Bridge Foot Beat"
                          Sorry, my post-turkey coma must have made me unclear. I'm not looking for bashing, especially in the open. A lot can be said though from "admin is great" to "it is what it is," if ya catch my drift...

Not trying to start a rift here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShinkagePD510 View Post
                            I had heard the same thing, unfortunately the training offices and background offices are still ghost towns to my knowledge so it may be awhile for Minneapolis, maybe I am just cynical!

I predict these hirings to be huge. Welcome applicant #64786378634896378
                            heard from command staff that we will be opening early-mid 2012 for classes....
                            Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by squad51 View Post
                              heard from command staff that we will be opening early-mid 2012 for classes....
                              Did the command staff say how many positions?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4337 users online. 184 members and 4153 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                              X