Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011 COPS Grants

http://www.officer.com/news/10374589...38-le-agencies

Looks like Richfield, Hopkins, Grand Rapids, Bagley, Upper Sioux Res, and Red Lake Res will be getting one officer each.
    "We Train to Fight, We Fight to Win, We Win to Survive, We Survive to LIVE!"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Stimulate the economy...just a little bit.
    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "scbr0512" on Officer.com.

Comment

Sweet...bout time!
      It's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six...

Comment

That's good news. Just an FYI, I believe the Upper Sioux already has someone in mind. Regardless, openings in this dismal job market is always a plus.
        THEY HATE US UNTIL THEY NEED US!

Comment

Originally posted by Ten10 View Post
          Sweet...bout time!
          I figured that would be good news for you!
          "We Train to Fight, We Fight to Win, We Win to Survive, We Survive to LIVE!"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

That's good- create a new job so that they can be laid off 2 years later.
            "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
            -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

exactly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Reedo View Post
                That's good- create a new job so that they can be laid off 2 years later.

exactly!!!

Comment

At least it will give people two years of experience. And maybe by then the job market will be better so they won't be laid off and departments are able to hire more.

In this job market I doubt people would decline a job offer, even knowing they maybe laid off in two years.

Comment

Anybody know if Richfield or Hopkins will post soon for the grant spots? Or is Richfield gonna fill their spot with a cadet?
                    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "TrueBlueMN" on Officer.com.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlueMN View Post
                      Anybody know if Richfield or Hopkins will post soon for the grant spots? Or is Richfield gonna fill their spot with a cadet?
                      The Cadet position will be a separate position. I heard they want the person hired by the end of the year, but I also heard they arent opening it until thanksgiving time so who knows. There are a minimum of 2 officers retiring in the first half of next year. The chief is retiring sometime between Jan and march so depending on if they go inside or out that would open up another spot.
                      It's better to be tried by twelve than carried by six...

Comment

Originally posted by Ten10 View Post
                        The Cadet position will be a separate position. I heard they want the person hired by the end of the year, but I also heard they arent opening it until thanksgiving time so who knows. There are a minimum of 2 officers retiring in the first half of next year. The chief is retiring sometime between Jan and march so depending on if they go inside or out that would open up another spot.

Ten10,

Sent u a PM
                        The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "TrueBlueMN" on Officer.com.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4006 users online. 192 members and 3814 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                        X