300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duluth PD

Whats up with Duluth PD being on the post board? Didn't they just go through a process? Did they not end up hiring anyone? Last I heard, they were going to hire multiple officers. I did not apply last time around, just being nosey.

A while back there was thread about Dulith on here, but I'm no longer able to find it.

Originally posted by 10-15 View Post
    Whats up with Duluth PD being on the post board? Didn't they just go through a process? Did they not end up hiring anyone? Last I heard, they were going to hire multiple officers. I did not apply last time around, just being nosey.

A while back there was thread about Dulith on here, but I'm no longer able to find it.
    You have your pick:

http://forums.officer.com/forums/sea...earchid=106890

Comment

Last I heard, they were hiring 4 in Jan/Feb... not sure what happened or if they just need more.

Comment

Duluth hired 4 last go around. There are a lot of retirements either in the past year or coming up in the near future that are contributing to another hire, plus the department is understaffed.

I've heard rumors about how many they are hiring but it's just rumor and it always fluctuates till it gets farther in the process. The number hired is heavily dependent on the forecast of LGA.

Comment

Originally posted by phillydog07 View Post
          I think your link is broken.

Comment

Thank you, those work a little better :-)

Comment

Has anyone that applied for the most recent Duluth hiring process heard anything back from them? The written test is this Saturday, but I have yet to get an email or letter regarding my status. Figured I would have heard back by now considering the test is 4 days away. I assumed I would have passing qualifications, but nowadays I guess you never really know.

Comment

A St. Louis County Deputy told me that Duluth has one of the hardest FTO programs in the state. And that a good hand full of people wash out. Not sure if that's true or has anything to do with the amount they are hiring.

Comment

Originally posted by MN_Justice View Post
                  Has anyone that applied for the most recent Duluth hiring process heard anything back from them?
                  Disregard. Found my invite today. Ive heard multiple times about Duluth having one of the hardest FTO programs. I find that kind of bizarre because I can't see why they would differ so much from any other larger city like Mpls, St.Paul, Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, etc. Don't see why they would wash more people than others.

Comment

Originally posted by MN_Justice View Post
                    Disregard. Found my invite today. Ive heard multiple times about Duluth having one of the hardest FTO programs. I find that kind of bizarre because I can't see why they would differ so much from any other larger city like Mpls, St.Paul, Bloomington, Brooklyn Park, etc. Don't see why they would wash more people than others.

Because they are F--d up. Ask anyone. From one day to next, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. It's always been that way and always will. That's why its so important to talk to people and research where u wanna work.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimecrusher704 View Post
                      Because they are F--d up. Ask anyone. From one day to next, one hand doesn't know what the other is doing. It's always been that way and always will. That's why its so important to talk to people and research where u wanna work.
                      Exactly!!! Duluth is a dept that thinks way too highly of themselves, or at least the admin does. I know some Duluth cops and they are very good cops. The problems with Duluth are the brass. I know people who submitted a background there and were washed out AFTER TWO DAYS!!! You can't do anything close to a professional, thorough background in 2 days. You could barely do a thorough records check in that amount of time. The brass there have an image of who they want, and if you don't fit that mold, you will get your pink slip. The brass call all the shots there...the good cops and FTO's are caught in the middle.

Very screwed up dept...that's why they're hiring all the time!!
                      The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "TrueBlueMN" on Officer.com.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueBlueMN View Post
                        Exactly!!! Duluth is a dept that thinks way too highly of themselves, or at least the admin does. I know some Duluth cops and they are very good cops. The problems with Duluth are the brass. I know people who submitted a background there and were washed out AFTER TWO DAYS!!! You can't do anything close to a professional, thorough background in 2 days. You could barely do a thorough records check in that amount of time. The brass there have an image of who they want, and if you don't fit that mold, you will get your pink slip. The brass call all the shots there...the good cops and FTO's are caught in the middle.

Very screwed up dept...that's why they're hiring all the time!!
                        Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by minn21 View Post
                          Meh.
                          Duluth seems to be a dept caught in transition. From what I know, which isn't all, there seems to be a great divide in that dept between retirement aged admin and very young street officers, supv and FTOs. Things don't always mesh as well as they should when those ingredients are mixed together.

There has been more than one person on this forum, other than TrueBlue that has said the same things, so a comment like "Meh" seems somewhat ignorant or truly loyal to DPD.

Either way, I hope it works out for those that get hired there. Regardless of what minn21 believes, lots of people count on this information to help them make very important decisions as to the department that is the right fit for them. If minn21 wants to rave about Duluth PD and thinks they are so great, contrary to what has been posted on this forum, minn21 has that right...

I am sure us readers can gather a great deal of useful information from his "meh" comments. I know I did. Hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Crimecrusher704 View Post
                            Duluth seems to be a dept caught in transition. From what I know, which isn't all, there seems to be a great divide in that dept between retirement aged admin and very young street officers, supv and FTOs. Things don't always mesh as well as they should when those ingredients are mixed together.

There has been more than one person on this forum, other than TrueBlue that has said the same things, so a comment like "Meh" seems somewhat ignorant or truly loyal to DPD.

Either way, I hope it works out for those that get hired there. Regardless of what minn21 believes, lots of people count on this information to help them make very important decisions as to the department that is the right fit for them. If minn21 wants to rave about Duluth PD and thinks they are so great, contrary to what has been posted on this forum, minn21 has that right...

I am sure us readers can gather a great deal of useful information from his "meh" comments. I know I did. Hahaha
                            He was right about some things, not so right about others, it isn't a big deal, no need to get defensive. I don't want to get into it on a public forum. If someone has questions (or wants my opinion on anything), I would be happy to answer via PM (the same thing I've offered almost every time DPD has come up on these forums).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5770 users online. 342 members and 5428 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X