Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluecrew
    replied
    Agreed Sig.. I have talked to a few guys now since I have heard about this and nobody has heard a lick about this.. Both in MN and WI there is no literature I can find relating to this what so ever...

Leave a comment:

• sigcopper
    replied
    The US Dept. of Justice/Office of Justice Programs is in charge of the vest grants. The only grant they offer of officer related equipment is for vests. Most be an urban myth. I've been doing this job for awhile now and have never heard of such a grant. If there was such a grant, I surely would have taken advantage of it along with every cop I know.

Leave a comment:

• Bluecrew
    replied
    No I am aware of the vest reimbursement, it was a friend who was entering into the le field and said that there was a program designed to reimburse officers who purchase their own duty weapon... He does not have a cop job yet and has not bought a weapon through this so its more heresay then anything..I have searched high and low for info but have found none.. I couldnt even think of what government department (either state or federal) that would be in charge of these reimbursements... It would most likely be some sort of grant I would imagine but I have no idea who to call.. DPS maybe or whoever is in charge of the vest grant.. It just strikes me as kind of fishy because what if you purchase through this program and take off or work in another state... just too many moving parts I think for this to be realistic.. If someone indeed knows something about this you would be a hero to explain this!

Leave a comment:

• sigcopper
    replied
    I've never heard of such a deal. Could you be thinking about a vest?

Leave a comment:

• AWJ
    replied
    Originally posted by Bluecrew View Post
    I recently heard about this reimbursement plan for officers who buy their own duty guns (more directed towards part timers or small departments) what this individual told me was that the US gov't will pay for a third of your gun, the state you reside in will pay for a third and you pay the other third.. Seems to good to be true... Has anyone had experience with this plan or know anything about it (websites, documentation etc.) I have heard of LE discounts but this is a whole 'nother ball game seems close in line with the body armor reimbursement
    That's news to me, interested if anyone knows more.

I know you can write off a new firearm (one a year) as a deduction come tax time.
    Fits right in with any other work expenses you pay for out of pocket.

Might not be the same as someone else paying a total 2/3 of the price, but something is better than nothing.

Leave a comment:

• Bluecrew
    started a topic Duty Gun Reimbursement Question

Duty Gun Reimbursement Question

I recently heard about this reimbursement plan for officers who buy their own duty guns (more directed towards part timers or small departments) what this individual told me was that the US gov't will pay for a third of your gun, the state you reside in will pay for a third and you pay the other third.. Seems to good to be true... Has anyone had experience with this plan or know anything about it (websites, documentation etc.) I have heard of LE discounts but this is a whole 'nother ball game seems close in line with the body armor reimbursement

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3945 users online. 260 members and 3685 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X