300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopkins Police

I see Hopkins has a open position, anybody know something about the department?

Very small city, but very busy department.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Originally posted by ontherock22 View Post
      I see Hopkins has a open position, anybody know something about the department?
      Their Chief is a great guy. He came to Hopkins after being a Commander of Investigations with Brooklyn Center PD. He has adopted a lot if the same policing practices to Hopkins like problem oriented policing utilizing crime mapping and sector policing. Like gopher said, the city is small in area but they stay busy.
      The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "TrueBlueMN" on Officer.com.

Comment

+1............
        Last edited by 1811NYC2MN; 09-14-2011, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
          Very small city, but very busy department.
          +1 ... Good group of officers there. I've met and talked to the chief a few times; he seems like a great guy to work for.
          Last edited by MNCountyCop; 05-17-2011, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1811NYC2MN View Post
            http://www.hopkinsmn.com/police/stats.php <---- average of 1 robbery a month and 3.75 domestics a month? Doesn't seem the busiest...I'd consider it busy if you were doing that in one day.
            For the size of their city, they're busy. I have two former Hopkins officers that work with me at my department, so that info comes from them.
            The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

Just recieved a letter for a physical and written test on June 6. Anyone know how their physical and written test are like? Any information would be helpful. Thanks!!
              P.M or just write it here.

Comment

Originally posted by TheNewGuy1 View Post
                Just recieved a letter for a physical and written test on June 6. Anyone know how their physical and written test are like? Any information would be helpful. Thanks!!
                P.M or just write it here.
                I called for info and was told it would be a run for the physical and a writing assignment for the written. The run will be a 1.5 mile on the track to cooper standards at the 50th percentile. From everything I can find it looks like Ill be doing it at 12:18 (23 year old Male). Anyone know anything different??

Comment

MNstan87,

Thanks for the infor. Btw, do you know how many are invited to take the test?

Comment

Anyone test for the PD? What was their test like?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5548 users online. 278 members and 5270 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X