300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LE Grad-General Employment Questions

Hi Everyone. Yes, I know that it is a very tough job market out there. lol I just have a few questions that you guys might have answers for.

1) After the MN POST is passed does the cert. last for a year and if you dont find employment, do you have to take it over?
    2) Does a person need a valid first responder to apply at most LE positions?
    3) I am moving back to MN in a year or so. Any general advice on how to go about the job search? Please no hugely negative replies.

Thanks and good luck to all of the job seekers out there!

Originally posted by Joel11073 View Post
    1) After the MN POST is passed does the cert. last for a year and if you dont find employment, do you have to take it over?
    After you pass the POST Test your eligibility lasts for 3 years from your test date.
    2) Does a person need a valid first responder to apply at most LE positions?
    Most Departments require it but everyone is different and will say if you need it or not in their job posting
    Answers are in BOLD
    "We Train to Fight, We Fight to Win, We Win to Survive, We Survive to LIVE!"

The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Comment

The best advice I can give is to network. Find people to talk to and get to know cops at various jurisdictions. Knowing someone who can vouch for you or recommend you is one of the few ways to get a job in the metro due to the competition. If you know guys from before, look them up.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
      -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

Originally posted by reedo View Post
        the best advice i can give is to network. Find people to talk to and get to know cops at various jurisdictions. Knowing someone who can vouch for you or recommend you is one of the few ways to get a job in the metro due to the competition. If you know guys from before, look them up.
        huge +1
        Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

Are you a recent grad from AZ or an officer? Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you actually need to have your first responder before you can even take the POST.

Comment

FeelinMN is spot on.. You are required a post secondary degree (IE associates, bachelors) a first responder cert and SKILLS before you can take the post test... I have heard of horror stories of guys who hadnt taken their first responder and the POST board missed it and it caused a huge CF
            - Bluecrew
            "The opinions and or comments expressed on this forum (officer.com) are solely those of the individual "Bluecrew" and do not express the opinions or ideas of any of the department(s) that employ said individual."

Comment

Oh forgot one thing.. While you are networking and searching join a reserve unit for a pd or county.. As boring as it maybe it is a great way to A. get known in that area and B. meet other cops through the cops you work with... Plus you get some cheap experience too!
              - Bluecrew
              "The opinions and or comments expressed on this forum (officer.com) are solely those of the individual "Bluecrew" and do not express the opinions or ideas of any of the department(s) that employ said individual."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4389 users online. 246 members and 4143 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X