X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jhelrey
    Forum Member
    • Feb 2007

Rant: Comcast

Comcast is a freaking joke. I am tired of their company, their BS tactics, etc. Even worse, I am stuck with them!
  • Bearcat357
    Banned
    • Mar 2007

Time Warner is just as bad.....

If/when I move....I'm going back to DirecTV.

How are you stuck with them.....? Go to a Sat Dish....

Comment

• Jhelrey
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2007

Cannot have a dish at my apt. They do not want them mounted outside. When I live in Mankato, I had Hickory Tech. Super cheap and great. Plus, a local company so any issues and you could walk in and talk to them.

Comment

• Bearcat357
        Banned
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Jhelrey
        Cannot have a dish at my apt. They do not want them mounted outside. When I live in Mankato, I had Hickory Tech. Super cheap and great. Plus, a local company so any issues and you could walk in and talk to them.
        That sucks. That's what my issue is as well. Even though my condo is pimp.....the whole TV thing about makes me to move.... just ticks me off to know end....

TW is fighting with NFL Network....so no Thurs games and/or anything else the play......

Comment

• powerfulpup
          Forum Member
          • Jul 2009

Not sure if this helps, but if the price of Comcast annoys you, call to cancel. Very important that when you go through the phone prompts you choose to cancel. And if asked why, mention a dish. They hate dishes. I do that every 6 months when my current promo is set to expire, and without fail they make a deal. I also like to haggle, so don't take their first offer. Hem and haw a bit. My last deal got me a $30/mo credit on my bill. They tried to offer me $10, then $20... I didn't wanna push it any further than that.

I'm not a legal scholar, but if you fancy a fight, you might be able to argue with your apartment: http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

Comment

• phillydog07
            Gopher Fan!
            • Oct 2009

Depending on the way your apartment is set-up, you can still have the dish. You would have to have some sort of south facing porch, balcony etc.... that you could put a freestanding mount for your dish that isn't actually attached to the building.

From powerfulpup's link:

Q: If I live in a condominium or an apartment building, does this rule apply to me?
            A: The rule applies to antenna users who live in a multiple dwelling unit building, such as a condominium or apartment building, if the antenna user has an exclusive use area in which to install the antenna. "Exclusive use" means an area of the property that only you, and persons you permit, may enter and use to the exclusion of other residents. For example, your condominium or apartment may include a balcony, terrace, deck or patio that only you can use, and the rule applies to these areas. The rule does not apply to common areas, such as the roof, the hallways, the walkways or the exterior walls of a condominium or apartment building. Restrictions on antennas installed in these common areas are not covered by the Commission's rule. For example, the rule would not apply to restrictions that prevent drilling through the exterior wall of a condominium or rental unit and thus restrictions may prohibit installation that requires such drilling.
            Q: Does the rule apply to condominiums or apartment buildings if the antenna is installed so that it hangs over or protrudes beyond the balcony railing or patio wall?
            A: No. The rule does not prohibit restrictions on antennas installed beyond the balcony or patio of a condominium or apartment unit if such installation is in, on, or over a common area. An antenna that extends out beyond the balcony or patio is usually considered to be in a common area that is not within the scope of the rule. Therefore, the rule does not apply to a condominium or rental apartment unit unless the antenna is installed wholly within the exclusive use area, such as the balcony or patio.

Comment

• mnwannabe
              Forum Member
              • Apr 2010

If price is the issue, Powerfulpup has the right idea. I called to cancel our Comcast at the end of our trial and, after some talking, offered TV service at about half price and 25% off internet service.

It is true that apartments or townhomes can not restrict you from getting a dish as well. I argued with our landlord and showed him the law until he gave in. Just don't need it now.

Comment

• Jhelrey
                Forum Member
                • Feb 2007

I don't have a patio or a deck. Dish would have to sit in the living room or bedroom. Haha!

Comment

• Krauty
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Jhelrey
                  Bet you miss your old neighbors as well.

Comment

• Jhelrey
                    Forum Member
                    • Feb 2007

Oh yea! Haha! I bet they loved me even more when I would jump on the floor for the hell of it.

Comment

• SCSU74
                      Forum Member
                      • Feb 2010

try verizon fios, it is amazing and cheap
                      In Valor there is hope

Comment

• phillydog07
                        Gopher Fan!
                        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by SCSU74
                        try verizon fios, it is amazing and cheap
                        Not available in MN to my knowledge, and definitely not where I live. Too bad, too.

Comment

• SCSU74
                          Forum Member
                          • Feb 2010

oh my fault thought it was nationwide already, i dropped charter as soon as i found out my building was wired for fios haha
                          In Valor there is hope

Comment

• Rocket1487
                            Forum Member
                            • Nov 2009

I got $50 off my comcast bill today! Stoked, still getting raked over the coals for $150 for the "big 3" bundle but I keep my DVR and HBO. Used the Dish line too... awesome!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18777 users online. 37 members and 18740 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...