X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Unit91
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2006

Rogers Police Chief Resigns

Looks like the Rogers Police Chief did something wrong after all...

"When you're told to be careful out there, it isn't always advice to protect yourself against the felon, sometimes the enemy comes masked as friends."
  • squad51
    STORM THE CASTLE!
    • Sep 2003

I get the sense that he just realized that working as a chief in a small town leads to a lot of BS and with the wya they chose to handle it does not want to continue..
    Happy to be here proud to serve

"Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

Comment

• Reedo
      Una Stamus
      • Nov 2009

Yep. That, or he wanted to stop the investigation for the preservation of his career so that he'll be able to get a job elsewhere. Keeps the city from documenting any bogus accusations to attach to his personnel file. Elko/New Market chief did that about a year or two ago.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
      -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

• oneoldcop
        locked and loaded
        • Mar 2009

He might've been doing the hokey pokey...after all that is what it's all about.
        It's not the will to win that matters...everyone has that. It's the will to prepare to win that matters.
        Paul "Bear" Bryant

Comment

• Crimecrusher704
          Forum Member
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by squad51
          I get the sense that he just realized that working as a chief in a small town leads to a lot of BS and with the wya they chose to handle it does not want to continue..
          I think that is part of it squad, but what I really think he finally realized is that these small town cities are more corrupt than the large ones. I have been seen it numerous times. He was probably promised that the city would back him up if he tried to go up against the "good ole boy's club" and just didn't understand that the club WAS the city council.

It is amazing to me how these citizens get themselves elected to local city council/mayor seats, and then the power just goes to their head. They think they can break the law and mistreat people, just because of their position. I have seen it in Police Chiefs too, but it doesn't seem so in this case.

I am quite confident that he resigned because he is probably filing his own lawsuit against the city for blowing the whistle on the corruption in that town. I heard a rumor that the department was going to disband and contract with Hennepin County Sheriff. Anyone know the truth about this?

Comment

• Unit91
            Forum Member
            • Nov 2006

I actually do know the full story behind this and there was enough stuff against the chief to have him resign. Why else would a chief, that's been in the BCA for however many years, just up and resign? If he didn't do anything wrong, he would fight it until the end. Then, after he won he'd be smart to resign and not to deal with the politics anymore. I know if I didn't do anything wrong I wouldn't resign, I'd fight it.
            This chief was a good chief in the beginning when he started with Rogers, but he soon let his power take over. He was the 'do as I say, not as I do' type of chief. He'd hang you out to dry every chance he got, but would turn around and do MANY illegal things himself. I'm glad to see he resigned.
            "When you're told to be careful out there, it isn't always advice to protect yourself against the felon, sometimes the enemy comes masked as friends."

Comment

• Reedo
              Una Stamus
              • Nov 2009

What kind of stuff are we talking about here? Because there's a lot of stuff floating around on both sides by people who claim to know what's going on.
              "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
              -John Adams

Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

Comment

• CRR
                Forum Member
                • Mar 2011

Please share the details. All we know is what we read in the paper or on websites or what we hear from others.

People resign all the time for different reasons and it doesn't mean that they did something wrong. If he did something wrong, then what is the status with the Sgt's case? Did she also resign?

If I were him, I wouldn't stay based on the fact that the city council won't let him discipline his subordinates. The paper said he went to the council to have the captain fired for covering up a witness and lying about it. The council made the captain the interim chief. How can you lead a department when you have no support from the council? How can you work at a department when the council goes to bat for someone who messed with a case like that?

What's going to happen to the captain/interim chief for covering up that witness?

Comment

• Unit91
                  Forum Member
                  • Nov 2006

We all know as cops that you can't go off of what the media says. We know there are two sides to every story. Trust me, the chief did discipline his subordinates, a little too much. For example, he got rid of 4 officers within six months. They were all good officers, but he had something against them, so he made their lives living hell.

The Sgt is back on duty. She's been back for a couple weeks now. My understanding is that the officers on the pursuit didn't know there was a witness because he never approached them. It was a few days or weeks later that the witness spoke about it in 'small talk' with the Captain when he was at church.
                  The trooper that wrote the report didn't have the witness information as well. So, if that was the case, then they would have to go after the 4 officers on scene, plus the trooper that wrote the report for not including the witness.
                  The trooper told the chief the officers did absolutely nothing wrong in the pursuit and everything was picture perfect. There are reports that the chief contacted the trooper numerous times to find out if there's ANYTHING he could nail the officers for. If he was a supportive chief, he'd be giving the officers an award for stopping the pursuit so quickly and saving lives. Two intersections away was HWY 101, and one intersection to the left was I-94. Who knows what could have happened if the motorcyclist made it that far.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20411 users online. 56 members and 20355 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...