300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handcuffed in the Front?

Why would they cuff this fool in the front?

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2011/04...cking-attempt/

because they do things a bit different all over the world...officer safety...handcuff to the back...it's the safest thing to do, but then again, the cops over there carry fully automatic rifles...so it's difficult to really compare them to say any Minnesota Agency. I wouldn't want to put him in the position of being able to reach for my weapon, or any of my partners, but they must have either a policy or enough officers around with guns to his back to feel safe in doing so...
    sigpic
    UNA STAMUS
    Matthew 5:9 "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God"
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Our troopers transport prisoners in front seat, i always thought that would be weird
      In Valor there is hope

Comment

Being part of a county water patrol, we handcuff people in the front so when they think they can outswim a boat they don't drown.

Comment

Originally posted by mnwannabe View Post
          Being part of a county water patrol, we handcuff people in the front so when they think they can outswim a boat they don't drown.
          I say cuff 'em in back and when they drown, file the report under "Aggravated Stupidity".

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Eight
            It wasn't that long ago that I saw a Cottage Grove squad take one into custody without handcuffing the guy at all. When the guy was placed into the squad without cuffs, I expected the next radio traffic to be that they were 10-14 with one to X location with starting miles of XYZ, but when they said "one in custody, en route to my PD" I couldn't believe it.

Hopefully they cuffed the guy for his ride to Washco.
            I would be curious to know more about the circumstances in this and how exactly you were involved in a position where you could both see what was going on and also observe how the person was taken into custody. Did the person have a recent injury? Serious shoulder problem that would hinder their movement into a handcuffing position? Did the circumstances change from the person just being detained to new things coming to light that warranted a custodial arrest? I find it hard to believe anyone at CGPD would arrest someone without handcuffing them without a logical reason. I just question your quality of information based on numerous prior troll-like posts and also your ability to jump in on every law enforcement related question or discussion despite the fact you are admittedly not a police officer.
            Last edited by GadgetGuy15; 04-27-2011, 08:19 PM.

Comment

It was obvious to me why he was cuffed in front......he couldn't hold the towel over his face to cover it with his hands behind his back. Jeepers, you guys!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4558 users online. 162 members and 4396 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X