300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maplewood PD

Looks like you have a few days left to get those apps in for Maplewood (closes on the 22nd). I think they just posted on Thursday or Friday last week?

Anyone been through their process before? Know anything about the test/process?

Any general info on the PD and it's officers?

Originally posted by CSOinTilHired View Post
    Looks like you have a few days left to get those apps in for Maplewood (closes on the 22nd). I think they just posted on Thursday or Friday last week?

Anyone been through their process before? Know anything about the test/process?

Any general info on the PD and it's officers?
    Great PD...I was an intern with them when I was getting my undergrad and they have a great group of officers...very tight-knit group...before & after tragedy struck their department. I think they are close to 60 sworn with quite a few opportunities within the department. K-9, bike patrol, SRO, general investigations, juvenile investigations, computer forensics, east metro drug unit, patrol, SWAT w/ Ramsey County. At the top they are structured with a Chief, Deputy Chief, 2 Lieutenants. They have great equipment and are always upgrading their firearms (they carry Glock Gen 4's right now). They are taking more than one off this list from what I have heard. They have a sergeant who is retiring soon and they have some other spots that need to be filled.
    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "scbr0512" on Officer.com.

Comment

Nice! I am going send my application today!

Comment

Feel lucky if you get in with Maplewood. I worked there for a few months but ended up leaving after realizing it wasn't the right place for me to be long-term. Worst decision of my life, without a doubt. I've interned / volunteered with quite a few different departments over the years and I gotta say, Maplewood has to be the best overall experience I've had.

Awesome group of people to work with - like it was said earlier, they're a very close-knit group (especially after the tragedy with Sgt. Bergeron). If it's not too late, I would tell anyone and everyone to apply if they want something relatively fast-paced in the metro area. Keep in mind, a large part of Maplewood borders St. Paul, so they get a nice variety of pretty much anything you can think of that goes through the city.

If, in the end, you decide it's not the right place for you, don't make the same stupid mistake I did. FORCE yourself to stay there for a year (or force them to fire you before your probation is up) THEN make the decision whether you want to lateral to a different department. I was brand new to Coppin' when i got hired on at Maplewood so obviously didn't know WTF I was doing. That reflected on some of the decisions I made and ultimately ended up stressing me out to the point where I didn't think I was good enough for the department. Bad move on my part. Don't give up.

Everyone knows how much the economy sucks right not - having that black mark on your record of "he's a quitter" most certainly doesn't help. Don't do what I did!

Good luck to all that applied, if you're one of the lucky ones to get hired, you'll love it.

Comment

Great Department.

I was wondering where you went.
          RIP Sgt. Joe Bergeron, We will surely miss you.

- EOW 5/1/2010 -

Comment

With the written exam starting this Wednesday... does anyone know how many they are looking to hire?

I know they have three testing dates and they are all full.

Comment

"We don't need any more good cops.... we need great cops"

Comment

I talked to a Maplewood officer they other day; he said they are looking to hire 1

Comment

Yesterday afternoon, the chief said they are hiring two (2)... and he also said the quote above.

Comment

No ride-alongs prior to the interview... would have been nice to get a look at their department.

Comment

So has anyone heard anything back from first round interviews?

Comment

Not me... not yet.

Comment

Anybody hear anything yet? They said we would know by the 20th.....I guess they want to use every last day they have to notify us.

Comment

Still no joy....

Comment

Originally posted by WoodburyMNLEO09 View Post
                              Still no joy....

Got a letter in the mail today saying I am in top 40 and moving on to Chiefs' interview. Lady at city hall said letters went out Monday but I was first to call and schedule interview...she was surprised nobody else had called yet.

Best of luck to the other 39!!!
                              The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "TrueBlueMN" on Officer.com.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5916 users online. 328 members and 5588 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X