Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's up in Rogers?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What's up in Rogers?

    Looks like a real mess:

    http://www.startribune.com/local/west/119126129.html

    http://whatsupinrogers.com/

  • #2
    This has got to be like the 4th or 5th "What's going on in Rogers?" thread in the past 1-2 years.

    Comment


    • #3
      The insinuation that the city council is being kept out of the loop for conspiracy reasons and that it's not legal is going a bit too far. If the city is investigating officers, or placing officers on paid administrative leave, there are several people involved in the process, to include the city administrator and the city attorney or a county attorney. Additionally, nearly every officer that is put on leave will have their own union-appointed or privately-hired attorney involved in the process working with the city/jurisdiction. The fact that information is not being put out is likely the result of all parties (to include the attorneys for the officers) establishing what information may be legally released. The officers have privacy rights, and the attorneys on both sides need to be mindful of those rights. IF the city council knows about the details, the information they have would be required to be kept confidential. If anything were to get loose or be made public prior to completion of the process, the city could find themselves in a very libelous or slanderous position and subject to a very expensive lawsuit that they would likely settle for tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. If the city council doesn't know, then it's because it's been deemed that they have no "need to know" right now due to the ongoing nature of the investigation. The city not divulging information is in keeping with proper legal practices designed to protect the rights of those being investigated, which in this case are Luther and Pitts. I wouldn't be so quick to jump down the city's throat for not putting any of this information out. There are protocols, to include information covered under the MN Data Privacy Act.


      I have no doubt that there is more information that we're getting, and that SOMETHING is going on. I don't know if Sgt Pitts is LELS, but I would assume there is an attorney assigned to her, and I'd be willing to bet that Chief Luther also has an attorney working in his best interests as well. In that light, I don't think it's prudent for people to be picking sides and getting involved until more information is brought to light. I'm not saying anything is right or wrong one way or the other. I'm just saying that prudence dictates waiting until all information is available.
      "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."
      -John Adams


      Disclaimer: My statements are personal opinions, and in no way reflect those of my agency.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Reedo View Post
        The insinuation that the city council is being kept out of the loop for conspiracy reasons and that it's not legal is going a bit too far. If the city is investigating officers, or placing officers on paid administrative leave, there are several people involved in the process, to include the city administrator and the city attorney or a county attorney. Additionally, nearly every officer that is put on leave will have their own union-appointed or privately-hired attorney involved in the process working with the city/jurisdiction. The fact that information is not being put out is likely the result of all parties (to include the attorneys for the officers) establishing what information may be legally released. The officers have privacy rights, and the attorneys on both sides need to be mindful of those rights. IF the city council knows about the details, the information they have would be required to be kept confidential. If anything were to get loose or be made public prior to completion of the process, the city could find themselves in a very libelous or slanderous position and subject to a very expensive lawsuit that they would likely settle for tens, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars. If the city council doesn't know, then it's because it's been deemed that they have no "need to know" right now due to the ongoing nature of the investigation. The city not divulging information is in keeping with proper legal practices designed to protect the rights of those being investigated, which in this case are Luther and Pitts. I wouldn't be so quick to jump down the city's throat for not putting any of this information out. There are protocols, to include information covered under the MN Data Privacy Act.


        I have no doubt that there is more information that we're getting, and that SOMETHING is going on. I don't know if Sgt Pitts is LELS, but I would assume there is an attorney assigned to her, and I'd be willing to bet that Chief Luther also has an attorney working in his best interests as well. In that light, I don't think it's prudent for people to be picking sides and getting involved until more information is brought to light. I'm not saying anything is right or wrong one way or the other. I'm just saying that prudence dictates waiting until all information is available.
        Reedo, you really have to checkout www.whatsupinrogers.com

        I don't think these police commission members are all resigning if everything is being done ethically. Sounds like some corrupt reasoning behind picking Sherburnen County Sheriff and their Investigations Captain doing this investigation. This guy is lucky to even have a job in Sherburne Co with the stunts he pulled in DNR. Him in charge of a corruption probe seems comical now that I have read that website. I guess its true- corruption breeds corruption. One good ole boys club investigating another? I wonder how that is gonna turn out. Whatta joke.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by phillydog07 View Post
          This has got to be like the 4th or 5th "What's going on in Rogers?" thread in the past 1-2 years.
          Come on now, half of those threads were "What's up in Osseo?" threads.
          "All government agencies, whether they be police, fire, sanitation, parks, etc., operate on a budget. That budget provides funding for them to employ a specific number of people. The can't just add someone to their staff because he speaks three languages or has a neat haircut."

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Wilkinotti View Post
            Come on now, half of those threads were "What's up in Osseo?" threads.
            Damn, that's right. OK, so there have been at least 4 or 5 "What's going on in [insert smaller Hennepin county city here]?" threads.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Crimecrusher704 View Post
              Reedo, you really have to checkout www.whatsupinrogers.com

              I don't think these police commission members are all resigning if everything is being done ethically. Sounds like some corrupt reasoning behind picking Sherburnen County Sheriff and their Investigations Captain doing this investigation. This guy is lucky to even have a job in Sherburne Co with the stunts he pulled in DNR. Him in charge of a corruption probe seems comical now that I have read that website. I guess its true- corruption breeds corruption. One good ole boys club investigating another? I wonder how that is gonna turn out. Whatta joke.
              All due respect to Sherburne county but I wouldn't trust those guys to investigate a traffic accident let alone any thing to do with corruption....
              Happy to be here proud to serve

              "Well it appears this lock does not accept american express."

              Never trust fire fighters to point out a suspect.

              Comment

              MR300x250 Tablet

              Collapse

              What's Going On

              Collapse

              There are currently 5461 users online. 317 members and 5144 guests.

              Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

              Welcome Ad

              Collapse
              Working...
              X